• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nathalie Portman to feature in Return of the Jedi

Just read it in a Danish newspaper. Apparently, Lucas will shoot some completely new scenes for the DVD versions of the original trilogy that will be released after Episode III. Somehow, he'll include scenes of Padmé in Episode VI - probably in some kind of dream, vision or as a ghost (like the Jedi). Interesting nevertheless - and fitting...

-Zarrock

Corinth

First Post
Remember the scene in the Ewok villiage where Luke asks Leia about what she remembers of her birth mother? I say that this is where the new scene featuring Portman will arise; Amidala will be in a flashback scene holding a baby Leia. It's the only place in the film where Amidala could logically be.

Henry

Autoexreginated
You KNOW that if Lucas is going to do that, he won't stop there. He has dozens of chances to enhance other small things here and there to make the two trilogies fit together better. No wide scale changes like the special editions, mind you, but can't conceive of him making one tiny little change like that and leaving it done.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
I've been hearing rumors that Lucas has never stopped tweaking the first three after he started. Only a little bit here, a little bit there. So the news about Padme doesn't suprise me at all. I would bet there is going to be an Utlimate Edition. I just hope, beyond hope, that when they are released on DVD, in addition to the new versions that they put the original versions as well. A before and after.

Wolf72

Explorer
POOP!

he better not ... I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 5 and saw EpIV (in 1977) ...

but I hate buying something every other 2 years because it's been upgraded ...

... WotC bugs me because of the official FAQ/errata stuff ... I don't plan on searching thru umpteen pages to find 3 new updates. Do what claudio does, put them first!

oops ... didn't mean to rant :)

ej

MythandLore

First Post
ToddSchumacher said:
I would bet there is going to be an Utlimate Edition.
Star Wars Super Mega Utlimate Turbo Kung Fu Edition Part III: This time it Impersonal.

He'll probably cg human charaters if he though he could to add new parts to the old movies.

Its unreasonable to be angry about this upgrade as it comes in conjunction with the trilogy's DVD debut. Finally, I can get rid of my VHS Star Wars tapes - God I hate that format....

-Zarrock

Welverin

First Post
ToddSchumacher said:
I just hope, beyond hope, that when they are released on DVD, in addition to the new versions that they put the original versions as well. A before and after.

I'm hoping the same thing. We should probably start bugging him about it now.

bwgwl

First Post
MythandLore said:
He'll probably cg human charaters if he though he could to add new parts to the old movies.

actually, i thought i read somewhere that he's already started doing this to some degree -- in Count Dooku's fight scene, i heard they digitally added the actor's head over that of the stunt fighter that was actually doing the scene.

creepy.

next, they'll be telling us Yoda wasn't real. :p

Remove ads