Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Rubberneck

First Post
Law scrolls through his text messages to find the thread in his phone that has used often. In it contains a group message that has Chance, Agnasci, and Harper as participants. He simply adds,

"Have found out something interesting. Going to check it out."

TillForPie

First Post
Agnasci
"My man." BR smiles, clearly pleased Orlando is being cooperative. "Weinberg lives in Pleasant Heights. 205 Washington, I think. You might need to check mailboxes." Pleasant Heights is a gated community in southern Nazareth, where some of the wealthiest residents live in large two-story homes with double garages and lush lawns. "His kid's name is Andrew, used to hang out at that Ninja Comics place before we paid him a visit there. If you need to track the little weasel down you might start there."

Rich sticks his cigarette into his empty can, which he leaves on the table with the rest of the case, and gets to his feet. "Take it easy, little buddy. I'll call you later about that other stuff." He makes his way out the door and a minute later his motorcycle can be heard grumbling its way out of the trailer park.

Rachel doesn't bother coming out to yell at Orlando this time.

Law
Law heads to work to check in. Once done he heads out on a patrol and makes sure to stop by the address Vera got for him. It's a small home in a sleepy cul-de-sac near Main Street, no car in the drive way and with no sign of activity. Today's paper, the fat Sunday issue, is in the drive way uncollected.

I'm not sure that Harper has a phone. I'll let his player weigh in on that.

Harper
Shopping was painless enough. After half an hour at the store and another half an hour to get back and help Faye pack it all away JD hadn't lost too much time. Now he's walking the short distance to his regular bench with his guitar in hand, Crow already soaring overhead on its way to the pair's spot. When the young busker gets to the bench he finds something waiting for him.

Lying on its side on the bench is a kachina doll. A recreation of a hopi katsina, it's a doll carved out of soft cottonwood root, commonly sold to tourists and collectors around these parts. This one is a figure of a dancer with a white fur bear mask, a rattle clutched in each hand. It's old and damaged by the rain and sun. Someone else's trash.

Chance
Constance knows that Agnasci lives at the Tuxedo Springs trailer park, but not which trailer is his. If you still want to have her head there the park isn't far at all from where she lives.

Mosier

First Post
As soon as Big Rich is out the door, Agnasci speed-dials Chance.

"Sorry about the wake up call," Agnasci says. "Had a bit of trouble, but it's on the back burner now. I had a hunch you might recognize the big fella in the picture. Let's get the others together somewhere neutral, and talk about it."

Agnasci glances back to the closed bedroom door. On the other side, Rachel is surely feeling betrayed, angry, and afraid. He considers knocking on the door, but what would he even say to her? She knows he's a liar and a scammer, but she stays with him anyway.

It's not his fault she can't make the right decision.

Agnasci heads out the door and toward the trailer park entrance. Hopefully Chance is on her way, but even if she isn't he'd rather be in the heat of the Sonora than the awkward tension of Rachel's home.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"He was the big guy," confirms Chance. He can hear road noise in the background. "I'm jes' about at your park, but I dunno which one's yours."

And sure enough, when Agnasci heads out to the entrance, he sees her old faded green Honda subcompact pull up out front.

She looks around furtively as he gets in, then wheels around and starts driving back away, on the long loop back into town proper.

"So what was that all about?" Chance demands. "Did he jes' show up out of nowhere?"

Mosier

First Post
"So what was that all about?" Chance demands. "Did he jes' show up out of nowhere?"

"No offense, but I don't really feel like explaining everything twice. Lets meet up with Law and Harper before we hammer this out."

What he doesn't mention is that he's stalling. He hasn't come up with the right lie yet, and is a little afraid that he might have to actually tell the truth.

TillForPie

First Post
Law
Law runs the name through his car's notebook computer (its mobile data terminal) and within a minute he's pulled up a limited amount of information on her. Born October 17th, 1955, owns a red 2003 Ford F-150 and a green 2013 Winnebago trailer, clearly the one the group investigated last night. No criminal history, no 911 calls made by her.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper stops abruptly when he sees the white bear kachina then laughing at his caution continues to the bench and sits down next to the figure. He looks at it for a long moment, glances at the sky and nearby trees for Crow, then returns his gaze to the kachina and summons up his second sight and looks at it some more.

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]cast Second Sight (Gnosis 1 + Spirit 2 = 3)

Re: Phone. My initial inclination was that Harper wouldn't have a phone. I'm still leaning that way a little but it is possible that he has a really cheap pre-paid phone on the insistence of Penrose and his fellow student-mages. What do you think, 'Pie?[/sblock]

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci sends a group text to Law and Faye.

"Identified one of the jerks Chance saw in the desert. Meet at the bookstore. DOW info to share."

OOC: I figured if Harper doesn't have a phone, Faye's the best way to get a message to him. The dude does live at her shop, after all. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads