• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Shayuri

First Post
Chance purses her lips for a second, then says, "Agnasci...jes' how tight are you with these boys? Cuz I'm thinkin' it might be a waste of an opportunity to send one of them away. I mean, for one that puts him in jail where we can't get at him to talk to him. For another, that alerts the whole barrel of the rest that you're not to be trusted. They'll go to ground...or worse, they'll strike back."

"What if instead of framing one, you get closer? Find out who the boss is, and what they're up to? Get inside 'em...and then when we know what's what, THEN we take them down."

Mosier

First Post
Chance purses her lips for a second, then says, "Agnasci...jes' how tight are you with these boys? Cuz I'm thinkin' it might be a waste of an opportunity to send one of them away. I mean, for one that puts him in jail where we can't get at him to talk to him. For another, that alerts the whole barrel of the rest that you're not to be trusted. They'll go to ground...or worse, they'll strike back."

"What if instead of framing one, you get closer? Find out who the boss is, and what they're up to? Get inside 'em...and then when we know what's what, THEN we take them down."

Agnasci glances at Law before responding.

"Works for me," he says. "The problem is, can our boy scout sit by while I do the kind of things it takes to get cozy with a criminal biker gang?" He turns fully toward Law, expectation clearly written in his features.

"Well?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper leans back in his chair and looks at Law wondering how the man would respond. For himself, he had a strong view of right and wrong even though he was fairly often on the wrong side of right. He didn't yet have anything to add to the conversation so he kept quiet for the moment.
[/section]

Rubberneck

First Post
Law is surprised by the sudden realization of the situation that he is in. For him to turn a blind eye to the justice system goes against everything that he's ever stood for. Dominic Hawthorne would not stand for such things, but of course he isn't just Dominic anymore. Everything is different now.

"I spose it depends just what it is you need to get done. If any innocents are caught in the middle, you pull the hell out. If you get caught by other Police Officers I don't know you. If I come across you on my beat I don't know you. No one gets hurt but them. You're you own man, make your own damn rules, but i gotta live with the consequences and I'm trusting you to handle business."

Law leans back a bit. He doesn't like it but he knows that he needs to just keep rolling with the punches.

"If you need out, you text me and I'll do what I can. Try not to get yourself killed."

Mosier

First Post
Law is surprised by the sudden realization of the situation that he is in. For him to turn a blind eye to the justice system goes against everything that he's ever stood for. Dominic Hawthorne would not stand for such things, but of course he isn't just Dominic anymore. Everything is different now.

"I spose it depends just what it is you need to get done. If any innocents are caught in the middle, you pull the hell out. If you get caught by other Police Officers I don't know you. If I come across you on my beat I don't know you. No one gets hurt but them. You're you own man, make your own damn rules, but i gotta live with the consequences and I'm trusting you to handle business."

Law leans back a bit. He doesn't like it but he knows that he needs to just keep rolling with the punches.

"If you need out, you text me and I'll do what I can. Try not to get yourself killed."

Agnasci grins, but the smile is almost sinister, not humorous. "Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. If it makes you feel better, this is for the greater good."

Agnasci turns to the rest of the group. "I can do this alone, I guess," he says. "Probably better that way, to be honest. Maybe the rest of you ought to look into the new hallows while I'm gone." Finally, Agnasci addresses the sleepwalker. "Faye, any chance I could get a ride?"

TillForPie

First Post
Faye closes the book, keeping her forefinger wedged inside to save her place, and looks across the counter at Agnasci. "A ride home? Yes. But not to anywhere involved with whatever scheme you're cooking up." She continues to address Agnasci, her tone witheringly disapproving in a way that reminds Law of his mother. "And if you're planning on ignoring whatever it is Penrose has lined up for you I'm going to have to tell him." Have to tell him. As if she isn't looking forward to running straight to him to warn him of impending mutiny.

Shayuri

First Post
"No one's ignoring anything," Chance assures Faye with a grin. "We're jes' doin' a little work on this other thing on the side. Like the man said...him keepin' an eye on the Dogs is a one-man job, at least for now. Rest of us ken follow up on this hallow thing, no troubles."

Rubberneck

First Post
Law gets a bit defensive and turns to look at Faye,

"Tell him whatever you want. We are going to take car of business one way or another, he sent us to take care of something and damnit we''re seeing it through."

Remove ads