Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci stops short a few dozen yards from the trailer.

"I think there's something awake in there," he finally says loud enough so the others can hear. "It's not human. I think we should assume it's dangerous."

TillForPie

First Post
Faye glances aside at Agnasci. This seems like new information to her but she holds her ground, keeping her flashlight on the trailer.

Shayuri

First Post
"I bet it's one of those paradox things he's talked about," Chance hazarded, squinting a little at the trailer. "D'ya think bullets hurt 'em? Or maybe it'll jes' wanna talk?"

She brightened abruptly. "Or you jes' said it wasn't human...what if it's an alien? Or a ghost?"

Well, everyone else is showin' off tonight. Why not?

Chance concentrated, closing her eyes for a moment. The flashlight flickered, and the droplets of rain...slowed...down...

For a moment the small group was standing in a surreal tableau of water droplets suspended motionless in midair all around them; an endless silver haze. Just for a heartbeat.

bumbum

And then it was raining, like it'd always been raining. Had it really happened at all?

"Lets check it out," said Chance. She got her cellphone out and aimed it at the trailer, meaning to get pictures. In the pocket of her hoodie, the fingers of her other hand tightened around smooth plastic casing of her stungun.

(OOC - Like to cast the 'time shield' spell, who's name escapes me at the moment. The shield spell of the time sphere though. Pool is 3; 2 Time and 1 Gnosis.)

TillForPie

First Post
It takes Chance a few moments of concentration (failed the first attempt) but she's eventually able to cast Temporal Dodge. Penrose has said distance is an illusion. If distance is an illusion, is time? It sure doesn't seem like distance is an illusion, nor does the feeling Chance gets when her temporal shield is raised. The others can't notice its effect but she can tell the way the world works seems to shift​ when she uses her magic.

Rubberneck

First Post
Law takes a hesitant step forward, drawing his weapon. "I'm gunna check it out." He continues forward towards the door and opens it, flashlight and weapon at the ready.

TillForPie

First Post
Law pulls the door open and shines his flashlight into the darkness beyond. There's a second doorway ahead and to the left, its door open, and through it Law catches a glimpse of a sink. Above the sink a mirror reflects the beam of his flashlight back at him. To the right of the bathroom door is a kitchen counter with a sink and a microwave. Booth seating to the right blocks Law's view of the rest of the interior.

Everything is silent and still. The rain has stopped.

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci is carefully watching Faye's reaction. The fact that she didn't know there was something conscious here disturbs him.

"Alright Faye," Agnasci says, unable to hide the annoyance creeping into his voice. "What are we doing here, anyway?" He suspects she doesn't even know.

Agnasci will cast Misperception before exploring inside the structure. (dice pool = 3)

TillForPie

First Post
Faye doesn't seem particularly pleased to be here, herself. "One of the ley lines running under the shop has been disrupted." Those with at least some knowledge of the occult have certainly heard of ley lines before: Places of natural energy that New Age Wicca types like to talk about. Some people believe ancient civilizations knew how to harness these lines but it's dismissed as New Age nonsense by most. Penrose has never discussed them. "Penrose uses them to power his home." Harper recalls the power in the bookstore going out for a few hours earlier this evening but Faye blamed it on faulty wiring and got it back on before too long. "He traced the problem here and sent me to take a look. I didn't know what to make of it," she sounds bitter about it, "so he told me to bring you out here."

Agnasci takes a few moments (failed the first attempt) but eventually casts Misperception successfully. There's no way to be sure of it yet, but he's confident that potential attackers will have their minds clouded. He hopes he's right.

"In the bathroom," Faye offers as Agnasci starts toward the trailer.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Chance follows Agnasci, cellphone at the ready to take a quick snap of whatever horrible thing might be waiting.

"Must be more to it than that," she said. "A ley 'line' must be a long thing, right? You drove us straight here, like you knew jes' where to go. So he pinpointed it somehow. Or already had some idea of what was going on. He didn't tell you more?"

She looks over at their enigmatic driver. "Or told you not to tell US more?"

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
"I don't know how he does the things he does, but he was able to tell me where to look." Faye shines her flashlight at Chance. "So I looked. Now you're looking."

Remove ads