• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

Mosier

First Post
Agnasci knows he can't hope to overpower the vampire physically. He's never won a fight in his life. But what else can he do?

He lowers his shoulder and smashes into the vampire with all his weight, trying to knock it away from Law. If any one of them has a chance of physically stopping the vampire, it's the cop.

"Back off!" Agnasci growls. He wants to shout, but he's worried about drawing too much attention from the houses nearby. "We brought blood for you. You can't have ours."

TillForPie

First Post
[sblock=Tackling the vampire]Roll: Strength 2 - Brawl unskilled penalty 1 = Success with 1 success[/sblock]Agnasci plows into the vampire and the two go crashing into the dirt beside the crater. Law gasps for breath as if surfacing from underwater - his throat is smeared with a copious amount of blood but thankfully he doesn't seem to be actively bleeding.

Law rolls initiative 8. The initiative table has been updated to:
Vampire - 13
Agnasci - 12
Harper - 11
Crow - 9
Law - 8
Chance - 7

Law, Agnasci, and the vampire are all prone and it will take an action to stand, though the latter two are close enough to grapple without having to get to their feet first.

The vampire is on its hands and knees beside Agnasci. It bares its fangs at the mastigos, ready to pounce at him. It's either unable or unwilling to listen.

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
Law's hands begin frantically sweeping the grass for the wooden stake to reverse whatever craze he sent the vampire into. He'll also draw his weapon if possible.

"Calm down, we're here to help, don't make me put you back down!" Law says threateningly.

Shayuri

First Post
Chance is taken off-guard by the suddenness of the vampire's attack, but once she recovers she acts quickly. She darts into the fray, twisting the cap off the milk jug and plopping it down right in front of the vampire's head before dancing back a step.

"There!" she cries at it. "Take that instead!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper is frozen for a few crucial seconds after Law draws the stake from the vampire and all hell breaks loose. All he can think of is the sound of Magellan's voice saying it would only need a pint or so from each of them. The thing sure didn't look like it would drink cow's blood from a carton. Hoping to whatever power brought them to this place that the thing would regain its senses or his fellow mages would get it off him before it drained him dry Harper digs into his pocket and pulls out the Barlow pocket-knife. He flicks the blade open and drags it lightly across his wrist, just deep enough to cause a line of blood to well up.

Harper takes a couple of shaking steps towards the beast. "Over here, you undead bastard."

[/section]

TillForPie

First Post
OOC: Drawing the knife takes up Harper's action but I'll let him cut himself with it as his movement because of the coolness factor. Based on his inner monologue I'm assuming he is in fact willingly offering his blood rather than simply trying to distract it - so no attack roll by the vampire is required. If this is incorrect just let me know.

Harper opens his wrist with a wince before holding out his arm in the direction of the vampire. The creature's head snaps in his direction, eyes locked on a drop of blood as it falls from his hand.

Law comes to from his daze and wildly sweeps his hand through the grass until he feels it touch wood. He closes his fist around the stake.

Chance pops the lid off the carton and sets it down before the creature. There's no telling if it's uninterested in cow's blood entirely or if it's just distracted by the human blood that's now in the air - either way, it pays the carton no mind.

The vampire makes a spitting hiss before speeding toward Harper. It drops to both knees at the mage's feet, its fangs buried in his wrist a moment later.[sblock=Resisting the Kiss]Roll: Resolve 2 + Composure 4 + prepared 1 vs Difficulty 3 = Failure with 2 successes
Harper is incapable of resisting[/sblock]As soon as the vampire's lips touch Harper's wrist the mage lets out a pleasured exhale and goes limp. He's no longer aware of his surroundings and only barely aware of himself. Addictions, loves, and fears are all forgotten in this moment while the monster drains blood from him. This is easily the most physical pleasure he's ever experienced.

Harper has taken 1 point of lethal damage from blood loss.

Meanwhile the others can see that the vampire is continuing to transform: Charred flesh is beginning to give way to tawny skin and the curls of burnt hair are healing and straightening into luxurious folds.

Rubberneck

First Post
"Alrighty then, next in line for the human buffet."

Law says ushering Chance to step forward and offer up a vein.

"It's actually pretty intense. Can't really describe it but I guarantee you've never felt anything like it. If we do this round robin style we'll be ok."

Mosier

First Post
"Alrighty then, next in line for the human buffet."

Law says ushering Chance to step forward and offer up a vein.

"It's actually pretty intense. Can't really describe it but I guarantee you've never felt anything like it. If we do this round robin style we'll be ok."

Agnasci wasn't appalled before, but he is now.

"There's no way I'm letting that thing drink my blood. Isn't that how people turn into vampires in the first place?"

Rubberneck

First Post
Isn't that how people turn into vampires in the first place?"

"Well I don't have the sudden urge to eat you so I'm guessing not. I'm not sure how it works but I'm fine. Magellan told us it would go down like this. As much as I hate to admit it, it was probably one of the best things I've ever felt. Hell you're a glutton for punishment, give it a try."

TillForPie

First Post
OOC: People can act out of initiative order for now, but the initiative track posted earlier still stands and will be used should things get tense again. I'll just eyeball it and have turns pass as it seems like they should (each turn represents 2-3 seconds). We'll say two more turns pass right now to keep things moving at a good pace and allow time for Law to have stood and so forth.

Harper takes 2 more points of lethal damage, for 3 total. He has 5 open health boxes remaining.

The vampire hasn't stopped. The others in the group have no real real way of knowing at what rate the vampire is draining blood (Law took 2 points of lethal damage but feels fine). Harper is starting to get pretty pale, though he seems to still be enjoying himself.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads