Nazareth Awakened - Chapter 02: Wives of Solomon

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper looks at the fraying of the spirit's form and thinks that if the spirit's presence is the cause then the ley line would be fixed when it died soon. But he didn't think that was the case. Still wary of it, Harper backs away to rejoin Law, Chance, and Agnasci.

"Someone tried to summon something and messed it up. The spirit you sensed was accidentally drawn through from Shadow but because it doesn't have an anchor it's dying. It doesn't know anything about the ley line."

Harper turns and stares at the trailer and rubs his hand through his hair. "Maybe that thing is serving as a plug in the ley line. What did you find in the trailer?"
[/section]

Shayuri

First Post
"Uhhhh...no," Chance said. "There's stuff we can do. Look, that license plate...I thought at first maybe it was proof that they'd buried a car or something, but now I'm not so sure. Remember how Penrose told us about how things could be connected to each other? Like, blood or hair connects to who it's from?"

She waited for the nods, then plunged on. "What if a license plate works like that for the car it's taken from? What if they wanted to summon something bad up, and use the plate to give whatever it was the scent? I broke my spell before I saw what they were doing, but I could try it again and let it go longer. If I can see what they did, maybe that'll give us an idea about how to fix it."

With that, Chance glances askance at Harper and adds, "You going to save that spirit?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
Harper listens and scratches his chin. His fingers make a scritching sound in his beard. "I don't know how and not sure I want to save it. It seemed pretty dark."

"Was the plate personalized? If it was a name of sorts I could almost see a link to a person. Maybe stretching sympathetic magic but who knows?" He thinks a moment before continuing. "Something strange the spirit said. According to it they were trying to summon something NOT of Shadow. Could be an embodied spirit, I suppose, but it strikes me as strange."
[/section]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It was," Chance says, nodding, "But I was thinkin' it might link to the car. If they knew someone was drivin' and they could send some kind of...critter after it, well that's as good as sendin' after the person themselves, just about."

"As for what they were calling up...I ken try to get another look. I think you should save that spirit though. It's the only witness we got. Can't you feed it something? Like..."

She makes a swoopy gesture. "...magic something up for it?"

TillForPie

First Post
While the group is discussing the mystery, Faye circles the trailer warily, shining her flashlight here and there as she goes. When she gets back to the group she speaks up. "You kids can't see the forest for the trees. The trailer's license plate is gone."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well that don't make much sense," Chance mutters petulantly. "Why steal the plate off their own...you know, jes cuz the plate's missing from this thing don't mean the plate I saw was it."

She scowls, then shrugs.

"Look, all I got is tryin' to see their magic ritual again. Other'n that..."

...and she pauses thoughtfully. "In God We Trust," Chance mutters. "Who's trailer is this?!"

And just as fast as she was evacuating, she's running back inside to the 'bedroom' to try to find something to identify the owners.

TillForPie

First Post
Searching around in the sleeping nook Chance finds a drawer full of women's clothes, a small case of navajo jewelry, makeup, and various other odds and ends. It's unlikely this belonged to a biker. There's no sign of any photos or a purse.

Mosier

First Post
Law is surprised at Agnasci's reaction to the mention of the biker gang. If they were so well known why hadn't he crossed their path at some point on the job? Law responds to Agnasci,

"What do you know about them? To be honest if they are out here then we might not have a choice but to fight, I'm sure as hell not going to lie down and die like a dog. So out with it. What about this group of thugs has your panties in a bunch?"

"You cops just never learn. None of you," Agnasci grumbles. "The rest of us, the normal people...we know when to fight, and when to run. You cops just love fightin'. Why not, either? There's a dozen more of you just one radio call away. You'll learn it soon, though, since the boys in blue can't help you with this." His voice goes a little darker, before he continues. "Trust me, hero. You don't want to fight these guys."

To everyone else, Agnasci adds, "I think it's time to go. Law can run that license plate, see who this pile of junk belongs to. Also, I know Penrose would want to hear about what happened here."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Harper, Thyrsus mage

[section]
"No, I can't just 'magic something up for it'," Harper mutters. Luckily, Chance is preoccupied with the license plate though when she deciphers its code Harper feels a spike of unease. It is too close to something his own father might put on a personalized plate. He follows Chance inside to take a look at things himself since he didn't do so earlier. He quickly comes back out, in time to hear Agnasci's comments.

"I agree. I can't think of anything else."
[/section]

Remove ads