• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[NBA] - (S)Entry

Kaodi

Hero
Mace finds somewhere to duck into to remove his disguise before he makes it to the hotel, figuring that this time he will not keep his comrades guessing. Once he is in his room he shoots off a few messages to let everyone know he has arrived, then quickly throws together a new disguise so he may go out and run some errands.

The Mace that emerges from the hotel sports a receding grey hairline, a broken nose, and some well-worn clothes. The first thing the spy does is find a store where he can buy a used jacket to complete the look; he is shooting for a shady Russian. That is primarily to make his next task easier: obtain a forged carry license and a couple of cheap (but reliable) pistols. Rudek might be a good guy but you just never knows how these "meetings" in Eastern European countries are going to go.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gabriella passes Mace on the street, but doesn't notice him. She's chattering with someone on her cell phone as she walks past. "Well, he was so bad in bed. Really self-absorbed, you know? And always wanting to play dress-up. No not me, HIM. Such a disappointment, I'm glad that's over and done..."

She disappears into the crowd, only marked by her bright blue sun hat.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
That was an exaggeration. While he used to be happy to engage in some role play from time to time, you know, back when "happy" was still a feeling he could possess, Mace has never been a serious devotee of taking his professional habits to bed with him. He was not overly concerned about what might be considered insulting though: the way he had used Gabriella was deserving of such trash talking, if not worse (or much worse). Besides, it was not like he had any feelings left to hurt.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Hung-Ke will scan the hacker chatter in Dubrovnik to see if he can obtain any information about what Rudek has been involved in.

OOC: Data Recovery or Human Terrain, I guess

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gabriella snaps her phone shut with satisfaction, hanging up on exactly… no one. She'd known it was Mace. Of course she had! His left earlobe had that funny little notch in it from the assassin in Jakarta. She couldn't help but poke a little fun at him, piercing that swollen ego a bit. Dios mio, he probably was smiling right now about how they'd had a fun fling and then he was free, free, free.

She risks a glance behind her as the disguised Mace turns away. He seems sad. Gabriella spends the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out why.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mace finds somewhere to duck into to remove his disguise before he makes it to the hotel, figuring that this time he will not keep his comrades guessing. Once he is in his room he shoots off a few messages to let everyone know he has arrived, then quickly throws together a new disguise so he may go out and run some errands.

The Mace that emerges from the hotel sports a receding grey hairline, a broken nose, and some well-worn clothes. The first thing the spy does is find a store where he can buy a used jacket to complete the look; he is shooting for a shady Russian. That is primarily to make his next task easier: obtain a forged carry license and a couple of cheap (but reliable) pistols. Rudek might be a good guy but you just never knows how these "meetings" in Eastern European countries are going to go.

"A little bird told me the Bratva have been upping their presence here, lately," Ashcan comments as Mace steps out of the hotel.

The old wheelman reclines in one of the striped chairs of the hotel restaurant's open-air terrace, his feet brazenly up on the table, watching the passers-by on the Šetalište. He licks the edge of his rolling paper and finishes constructing one of his foul-smelling, unfiltered cigarettes.

"Never had much time for them meself, but if you can foind them, they've always got a few extra guns that can be had for the roight proice."

Striking a friction match on the edge of a boot (Ashcan doesn't care for safety matches), he lights up and takes a long drag.

"But watch your back - if you get killed, it'll make us look bad in front of Rudek tomorrow."

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Later, Gabriella joins Ashcan. "You know those things will kill you, right? Not from cancer. I mean that I may shoot you if I have to smell them." She plants a kiss on the older man's cheek, orders a drink, and sits down at the table.

"Firmed up your retirement plans?"

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Later, Gabriella joins Ashcan. "You know those things will kill you, right? Not from cancer. I mean that I may shoot you if I have to smell them." She plants a kiss on the older man's cheek, orders a drink, and sits down at the table.

"Firmed up your retirement plans?"

"There's this Seniors Community outsoide Galway," Ashcan explains. "Sit in the lounge all day and watch telly, all the mashed potato and pudding you can eat, staff to push you around in a wheelchair."

He pauses to take another puff of his cigarette, blithely unconcerned by Gabriella's threats. Or what passes for common decency in 2013.

"Oi was thinking Oi moight buy the place, evict everyone, knock it flat, and build meself a mansion." He cocks his head at the Colombian girl. "Plenty o' guest rooms, and a target range..."

"But that's a concern for next week, a leanbh," he concludes. "Did you turn up anything interesting on your walkabout?"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
OOC: An excellent question! Did I learn anything relevant? ("No" is a fine answer, especially if you want to move us along.) :)

"I saw Mace. He's... looking good. Hung-Ke is working somewhere. I think Persephone is on her way. More importantly, I have no doubt we're going to be jaunting over the border. Serbia? Not my favorite place." She knocks back a drink that she stole from a passing waiter, and with a dazzling smile she hands the empty shotglass to the waiter just as her own drink arrives. "I hope it's something fun. If it's your retirement and you're going to go out, you ought to go out with a bang."

She pauses. "Ai! Poor choice of words."

Last edited:

reyak

First Post
Persephone arrives in Dubrovnik with no troubles. She checks in a the hotel and sends texts to the group to let them know she is there and ready to group after a quick supply run.

While speaking in perfect Russian, she makes a phone call and is given the location of black market arms dealer. A taxi ride later, she meets up with Adrijan Dunja, who sells her several guns and loads her out with ammo.

She thanks him and heads back to the hotel to wait the rendezvous with the others.

Bored, she ends relocating to the hotel bar where she enjoys several house scotch on the rocks. She gets impatient and texts Mace wondering if he was available to join her.

OOC: Not sure on the point usage, but the gun purchases I was looking at using the Network skill. I have 15 points in it.. Sorry for the delay - work, kid sports distracted me.

Remove ads