• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NBC Passes on Wonder Woman

Villano

First Post
Since I posted this news, I've read some reviews by people who've seen the pilot or read the script. I think we dodged a bullet with this.

It really sounds like a Catwoman situation where nothing resembles the comics.

First, she has multiple identities: Wonder Woman, Princess Diana, Diana Themyscira (head of a company called Themyscira Industries), and Diana Prince (her "Clark Kent" persona complete with glasses...who apparently also works at Themyscira Industries...which just sounds kinda weird).

She also kills people "without even blinking an eye” (including impaling a security guard to a wall with a pipe) and tortures a guy for info by breaking his arm. Why didn't she use her Lasso of Truth? It seems it's more of a whip now. You know, for whipping people. :erm:

Dodged. A. Bullet.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I'm actually much more disappointed that NBC passed on 17th precinct that I would have loved to see - and think it had potential.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Dodged. A. Bullet.

So she was female Jack Bauer mixed with Bruce Wayne but with an identity crisis and w whipping fetish?

There are so many ways that could have been fun, but ultimately it would require a goodwriter... but I doubt there are many in hollywood capable of making that anything but a farce.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads