• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day - Important new info!

Riggs

First Post
gamesday=good

Hi all, just typing onto the "had fun" bandwagon....because I did have fun.

It was good to meet some of you and play in the Sky Galleons game.

And Henry, I had the next sequential several tickets but only put one in the Draconomicon due to it's popularity, which was by far my luckiest moment of the gaming day. It certainly wasn't parking or avoiding getting my character shot! The door prizes practice was a nice touch and they were nice things.

Well done to Neal and the Trinacon crew and to Rel and those that made it all happen.

I am also glad to hear the Cary GG is now something worth visiting, thanks for the news.

-Jason aka "Tex"

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
"No. Please. Help. Rescue me." -- David, in a flat, monotone voice, while playing his part (in drag) as the Princess in the children's play.
Priceless! Although I couldn't really join in, it was great fun watching the bully and the German girl work together to intimidate the poor (male) nerd into playing the princess in the children's play, and to see the look of sullen despair on the nerd's face when he realized that instead of being Spiderman or the Hulk or a dragon, he was soon going to be wearing a dress and a pointy princess hat. David's acting of the nerd's acting was Oscar material :D.

Daniel

Drayan

First Post
I'm most definately looking forward to the next NC Game Day. It was great meeting all of you, and nice to be able to put faces with names now.

Dave - Fallen Earth was great, I'm definately in for part 2, I just hope the dice fall better on both sides.That guy just would not die. TempleTroll, Lola, Christy (at least i think it was Christy), you guys helped make it a memorable game.

Jeff - Holy Crap man! I have a new favorite system. Feng Shui is the most insane RPG I've ever played. I probably never would have touched it, were it not for Game Day, so a big Thank You is in order for you. Henry, HoppingVampire, and that guy sitting next to Henry (sorry I forgot your name), you guys managed to get more words and interaction out of me in 5 hours than my weekly game has in the past month. You Guys Rock!

Thanks to everyone who helped put this thing together.

Templetroll

Explorer
Toras said:
I too enjoyed game day, and I had a blast running Deadlands.
By the way, I'd like to apologies for going way, way to far on the description of the chapel.
That is what happens when you are designing a game and reading a Hellraiser book. You borrow ideas and Clive Barker is freaking sick.
The rest, I had fun, yet again.

Your description made me certain that the BBEG had to die and my character was willing to sacrifice anything, including her own unlife, to see that happen. It was a learning experience and you can edit your work better in future for it.

You did a fine job at explaining the system, the setting and you accepted assistance from players on details well. I had a fine time, I'm glad I was in your game.

The dinner before was lots of fun, BelenUmaria's game was a blast and I look forward to continuing that adventure next game day - 5 against 1000; sounds about even odds so long as no relatives of that neo-Neo show up!

Henry

Autoexreginated
TogaMario said:
Sooo, how would you like your pictures formatted and sized? JPG alright or something else?

JPG's cool, preferably 800 x 600 or smaller, so it doesn't make the forums look freaky. Bring 'em on, man!

BTW, If ANYONE knows who sat by me in the Feng Shui Game, please let me know - if you're reading this, please e-mail me! I was hopefully looking for their name and screen handle, as well as the name they gave the Magic Cop.

Also, Hopping Vampire, if you get a chance to e-mail me the name of your shopkeeper, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:

TogaMario

First Post
Pics are coming

Ack, Henry, I forgot to get my miniatures from your bag! But that's alright, I can run by and get them anytime whenever I come home next.

I'm prepin' the pics now, and they'll be your way soon!

P.S. Do tell Mrs. Henry that I'm really sorry.

Henry

Autoexreginated
TogaMario said:
Ack, Henry, I forgot to get my miniatures from your bag! But that's alright, I can run by and get them anytime whenever I come home next.

I have your mini's safe at my house - whenever you're in town, give me a call, or I can drop them by your house this weekend, either way.

P.S. Do tell Mrs. Henry that I'm really sorry.

No worries, mate.

Last edited:

TogaMario

First Post
Pics ... from a horrible camera!

Sorry I'm not the best picture taker in the world, nor is this digital camera the best :( but here goes nothing.

au1.gif

Arcana Unearthed - Pielorhino (left), Cthulhu's Librarian (right)

au2.gif

Some more Arcana Unearthed - Speaks with Stone (Facing), the Back of NCSUCodemonkey's Head

RelsSetup.gif

An amazing show of marksmanship on the DM's part ... Rel, wow. The smaller sky-ship is the Hermana del Dios, the larger sky-ship, the Bismarck... guess who's getting sunk...

Rel.gif

Rel himself!

henrypregame.gif

Henry's game before it started. (Henry's the one standing and looking like he's about to do a Nazi Salute.) Seated are Speaks with Stone (center), and Ruined (right).

salvaged.gif

Had to do quite a bit of editing to get this one to come out. This is Toras' deadlands game. Clockwise around the table are: Toras (blue shirt), Cthulhu's Librarian, Spider, Templetroll, Clueless, and Shemeska.

henryshot.gif

Same for this one, not sure what's going on in it, people in the pic, speak up! (This is the only shot I can remember nothing about. :))

As for the quality, sorry about that! One shot didn't turn out because it was really blurry. Can someone help me describe these (players and games)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I particularly enjoyed Rel's Sky-ships above. The Big one is the Bismarck, but what's the smaller one named?

Guess which one the PC's owned? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads