• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day XVIII - January 31st

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ok friends, it's well past time for me to have posted this thread. The next NC Game Day is right around the virtual corner! As always...

Our official website can be found HERE. Here is some important info that you need to know, especially if this is your first time attending:

To schedule a game, the following must happen in order:

1) You must register on this site, and request to be a GM. If you were a GM on a previous Game Day, you should still be a GM on future Game Days, so go to step 3.

2) An admin (Rel or Morgenes) approves you as a GM.

3) You submit your event (My Events -> Submit), filling out the required fields and submitting it.

4) An admin reviews and accepts the event, and assigns it to a table.

Important: Right now we are only taking submissions for GM's to run games. If you're going to run a game send it in as soon as possible. Players can take a couple weeks to look over their options. At 5PM on Friday, January 16th we will open up registration for players to sign up for these games. We will continue to take submissions for games after this but there is a good chance that folks will already have signed up for stuff so the sooner you get it in, the better your chances of having players.

If you want folks to be able to sign up for your game in advance, use Open Game as the "Game Type".

The "slots" are 5 hours long and run from 9 AM - 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM. When you submit your event, you probably want the start and end times to line up with those slots so that it doesn't interfere with other games your players might want to play.

The additional notes field is so you can tell the administrators about any special needs you might have, like a certain size or shape of table, or power needs.

If you have previously registered at the NC Game Day site then you don't have to do that part. If you've previously run a game at NC Game Day then you don't need to register as a GM. All you have to do at that point is submit your game and have it approved and slotted.

Questions? Post them here.

I've still not settled on what I'm running this time. I'm considering some more Kobolds Ate My Baby or possibly revisiting my Risus Stuporheroes game.

Alenda

First Post
BUMP!

I'll definitely be there. Still debating whether or not I should run a game though. If I do, it will probably be Dread or Savage Worlds.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
At this point I'm feeling pretty sure that I'll run Kobolds Ate My Baby. I know a couple people that really want to play that game. I'm currently brainstorming an idea for that.

Gerzel

First Post
uhm bump?

The figure stepped into the Fortunes Wheel. About seven feet high shrouded in a thick voluminous robe of grey velvet with a wide shoulder plate from which a cape of a red hue that seemed to have been almost but not quite entirely drained of its color while still retaining a certain depth, hung down further concealing the wearer's true proportions. All that was visible from the folds of the robe was a black porcelain mask polished over most of the face with unpolished matte lips and eyes for decoration. The figure moves unimpeded through the crowd at the peak of evening and up the stairs to the private rooms. At first there was little notice as such things are not too uncommon in the City of Doors. What happened next caught the attention of all.

A few minutes later the figure appeared on the steps holding a black leather leash in a finely embroidered glove of the same color as the cloak. The other end of the leash was connected to a thin leather collar around the neck of one of the city's most powerful fiends. The jackal woman seemed to bristle from the tip of every hair and fur on her body with hatred for the figure but her muscles and movements obeyed his every command without thought.

She came down the steps behind him her body moving but it seemed trying to rebel against every movement of her own muscles and such was the rage that covered her face as she crawled down the steps on hands and knees baubles from her ornately decorated dress of silk and other things of more value and dearer price littered the floor behind her.

The crowd seemed to part as the figure walked through quietly humming to himself, or was it a her the voice did not seem to give any clues. About halfway across the floor to the entrance the figure turned, light shining upon the mask who's expression had changed to a jaunty grin, to face the Wheel's owner a dragon with its head stuck in a portal, "Just taking her out for a walk. It is so sad to see them cooped up in their kennels for too long, best to let them see the city with a proper walk every now and then."

Shemeska growled at the words and let out a slight yelp as the figure produced from its robe a rolled up copy of "The Great Sigilian Truth Sayer" one of the city's papers she owned to bring it down on the tip of her nose.

"Bad girl! No growl! Be a nice puppy and you'll get a treat." It scolded and chuckled as it would any common dumb dog. Turning back to the dragon, "Sorry, I think she must be coming into season. They do get so uppity that time of year..." With that the figure simply strolled out the doors and down the wide way of Lady's ward on its way to a park.

As the two went the Marauder seemed to boil in her own skin with rage at the humiliation, but she did so silently unable to fight back even to make a sound as the figure hummed a soft tune and walked as if it was taking a leisurely stroll out with its pet for the evening. No one attempted to stop or hinder them though all on the way looked at the pair.

The figure led the loth into a quiet corner of the park letting her drink at a pool of water; she finding herself unable to keep from lapping up the cool water like an ordinary canine. With a sigh the figure knelt in front of the fiend.

"Our time is coming to an end girl, but you have been a good girl and as promised..." from the folds of that robe the figure produced a single black soul gem balancing it on the tip of Shemeska's nose, "your treat. Now Wait until I'm gone before snacking." Adding with a snicker, "That's a GOOD girl!" Then a faint ripple of light shone from between an old stonework arch an ancient and rarely opened portal came into being and the figure stepped through.

Seconds later a tearing howl of rage echoed out from the park as the fiend broke her bonds and stalked to her feet. An inexperienced footman of hers got to her first rushing to help his mistress and come into her good graces; her fury was such that he perhaps was not in pain for long. She stamped back to the Wheel with his entrails and part of his skull in her claws and no one looked at her then.​

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I will have just moved to the area, and plan to be there. Hopefully to meet a gaming group...

We look forward to seeing you there. This one looks to be smaller than average for our normal game days but I'm hoping that most of our local crowd can make it.

Gerzel

First Post
This one looks to be smaller than average for our normal game days but I'm hoping that most of our local crowd can make it.

We should probably do some advertising for it, hit the campus with some flyers next week and put up a couple in Foundation's Edge and other game shops, also see if the coffee shops'll take a couple.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads