Necklace of prayer beads from WPM

WilliamCQ

Explorer
A GM didn't know how to handle a player picking a Necklace of prayer beads (from returning 2 (of 3) requested weapons) in White Plume Mountain (WPM; TYP 4th chapter). AFAIK the only difference from RAW is that particular necklace always have 6 beads. In RAW the necklace bead type can be determined by GM choice or roll; I've asked the GM if he'd allow me to make him 6 bead suggestions and him to make a choice from that and he agreed as long as its AL-legal. I've seen in the past GMs approve of 6 bead Necklace of prayer beads which choice is based on a player choice, hence me asking that GM.

So is it (italic in previous paragraph) AL-legal?

Thank you

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
If he said yes to 6 beads. You have 6 beads. Current guidance from Adventure league catalog v8.06 You unlock one item from table F or G.

jasper

Rotten DM
Current rules for running White Plume after Aug 30,2018
1. First Weapon Returned. Each character in the party receives 12 treasure checkpoints or may receive two consumable magic items from magic item tables A, B, or C. A character could, for example, choose a potion of superior healing, a spell scroll of greater restoration, or 1d6 +2 crossbow bolts. Items received are not unlocked.
2. Second Weapon Returned. Each character may unlock one item from magic item tables F or G.
3. Third Weapon Returned. Each character receives 12 treasure checkpoints and is awarded one free use of the raise dead or greater restoration spell casting service from a generous benefactor.
I Don’t Wanna Surrender It! First, ending a session without returning one of the weapons denies the group from receiving any reward associated with it—drag. The worst part, however, is that the character that chooses to retain ownership is too busy running and hiding from the forces that pursue it, or simply spending all their time busy being dead. Such characters are retired from play.
This involuntary retirement can be cut short

Remove ads