• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer Games shutting down next year.(UPDATE post 93)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Eridanis said:
If I were to speculate wildly, I'd say it might be Paizo that picks up the distro baton for Necro. Just a feeling...

At Borders, I don't see Shackled City or Dragon Compendium I. Maybe that's just the borders around me though. Anyone see 'em in Barnes & Nobels? The days of getting most of your sales through the FLSG seem well over no?

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
At Borders, I don't see Shackled City or Dragon Compendium I. Maybe that's just the borders around me though. Anyone see 'em in Barnes & Nobels? The days of getting most of your sales through the FLSG seem well over no?

There are two Borders within walking distance of my office and neither of them have ever carried any of the Paizo books. I have seen Paizo books in Barnes and Nobles tho'.

The only things that I buy from my gaming store now are stuff like Paizo's Item cards and and WOTC's Dungeon Tiles. And that's because that stuff is so cheap it doesnt matter. If I decide to buy a display box of item cards then i'll do it online but as long as it's pack by pac k I'll pick them up from the store.

cnath.rm

First Post
Limited Funds, looking at picking up either Shades of Gray or Coils of Set. Not finding any reviews of either, can anyone point me to some or give me some advice on the two?

Treebore

First Post
cnath.rm said:
Limited Funds, looking at picking up either Shades of Gray or Coils of Set. Not finding any reviews of either, can anyone point me to some or give me some advice on the two?

Go to the Necromancer messageboards. The modules each have their own forum and the authors have answered enough questions about the mods I am sure it will help you decide.

The message boards are linked off of their main website, and I think you can read the messageboards without having to sign up for membership. Membership is free, though, unless you choose to pay. The ads aren't that bad as long as your better than dial up.

cnath.rm

First Post
Treebore said:
Go to the Necromancer messageboards. The modules each have their own forum and the authors have answered enough questions about the mods I am sure it will help you decide.

The message boards are linked off of their main website, and I think you can read the messageboards without having to sign up for membership. Membership is free, though, unless you choose to pay. The ads aren't that bad as long as your better than dial up.
:D Oh I've already done that, didn't see too much as far as reviews went and figured I'd ask here for general thoughts. I wouldn't want to post a "why is your adventure better then theirs" message to either adventures forum, and wasn't sure which other one to use to post a "I can only afford one this month, help me pick" message.

cnath.rm said:

I was excited to get the Shades of Gray into my hot little hands until I found out that the entire thing is organized around a dingus hunt motif. That trope is a little stale, IMHO. As such, Coils of Set is higher on my to-buy list. I haven't read or purchased either, though. I assume you already have Necro's greatest hits in your possession?

cnath.rm

First Post
dragonlordofpoondari said:
I was excited to get the Shades of Gray into my hot little hands until I found out that the entire thing is organized around a dingus hunt motif. That trope is a little stale, IMHO. As such, Coils of Set is higher on my to-buy list. I haven't read or purchased either, though. I assume you already have Necro's greatest hits in your possession?
If by greatest hits you mean Crucible of Freya, Tomb of Abysthor, Rappan Athuk (not Reloaded :( was too late), Demons & Devils, Grey Citidel (one of the best ever!!), etc then pretty much yeah. :D Not so many of the more recent TLG ones (Vampires and Liches rocks!) and none of the Kenzer books so far. Ideas and recommendations would be very welcome indeed. :)

Voadam

Legend
cnath.rm said:

I bought both with the recent bundle sale but have not read through them yet. Shades of Gray is broken down into several chapters for various levels.

Based on product blurb themes Gray deals with plague stuff while Coils of Set is Set machinations, ending in time travel. I love Set but not time travel and I'm not really in the mood for disease stuff right now so the beginning of Coils of Set holds more interest for me. Both are intended to go from levels 1-13 or so.

Remove ads