• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necropolis(gygax) DJ d20 remake?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I saw a big hardcover adventure called necropolis at barnes and noble yesterday. Is this a d20 version of the dangrous journey adventure that came out oh so long ago.

If so cool.

I really lked dangerous journies, and thought that wasa cool epic adventure. The only problem that cropped up when I ran it was the elementalist based wizard in the group felt inadequate since so many monsters were immune to virtually all his spells.

Oh and the prestige class in there was cool. That should of been in vile darkness so they actually had one decent wiz based evil prestige class.

Johno

First Post
I purchased the Necropolis last week, and have been slowly reading through it ever since (we're involved in the RttToEE campaign right now...)

I bought it for inspiration for a homebrew campaign I plan to start some time next year. I must say that, given its size, there is a large amount within it I like very much. I mean there are some rough spots and so on, but in general, the Characterization of NPCs, the scope, the amount of crunchy bits, the research done to help create an authentically "Egypt" feel...

So I feel that it was indeed a purchase well made.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I didnt have the cash and didn't want to use a card when I saw it, but what I saw as I glanced through it was fairly positive. If any one else has positive reviews of it I'll try and get it and maybe be able to answer some of my own questions.

Aaron2

Explorer
Shard O'Glase said:
I saw a big hardcover adventure called necropolis at barnes and noble yesterday. Is this a d20 version of the dangrous journey adventure that came out oh so long ago.

I have both the new version and the DJ version and they are pretty close (the art is entirely new).

Just FYI, Necromancer game did the conversion themselves inhouse, EGG had very little to do with it. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I leave to the readers at home.

Aaron

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Our group just started playing it the session before last. No deaths yet, but we expect that to change quickly. :)

We got a good laugh out of the text descriptions the DM was instructed to read (quite overwrought, but fun - I felt like I was 14 again going through the classic modules!), but we're enjoying it so far.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Necropolis d20: Third Edition Rules, First Edition Vocabulary

I plan on doing a conversion to d20 modern. It would make for a marvelous modern day archeology adventure.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Re: Re: Necropolis(gygax) DJ d20 remake?

Aaron2 said:

Just FYI, Necromancer game did the conversion themselves inhouse, EGG had very little to do with it. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I leave to the readers at home.

Entirely a good thing, as Gary doesn't like the d20 system as one to design in. Far better for him to let someone else do the conversion stuff (as he has for about all of his d20 releases).

I'm the writer of the review on rpg.net, and as you might tell, I love the module. Actually running it will be two or three years away, but it should be a lot of fun. :)

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads