• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a good 1rst level Psychic War. power

Tyrrell

First Post
I have a psychic warior in a game who is about to get fifth level. He uses the great sword and I would like to continue with this. When the character gets to fifth level I will want to grab a third first level power. This is the last first level power that the character will ever be able to select and I don't see anything in the core book that looks particularily useful.

The 1rst level powers that my character has at the moment are hustle and combat precognition. I believe that I will eventually take the third level improved biofeedback, so I'm not eager to take the first level biofeedback ability.

I can use anything from the mind's eye but I do not have if thoughts could kill.

(edit: spelling)

Last edited:

Tyrrell

First Post
Dont have stats with me, Strength is a sixteen (raised at level 4)
dex is 13 or 14 as is con, int is (i think) 12 Wisdom is 11 or 12 and chr 9 or 10

the character is human and chaotic good.

I've been throwing points into tumble among other things

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Hustle blows, it so rarely comes into play. You have to be sneaky and prepare for it.

I recommend Ectogoo as being good for range.

Also, Lesser Metaphysical Weapon have a duration of 1 hr/level. If you're a backup archer or if your greatsword isn't magical, that's a great power.

Call Weaponry is useable on others and lets you have a backup weapon.

Greg

Tyrrell

First Post
I'm not familiar with ectogoo? is it in the psioncs book? what does it do?

(I've been surprised by how often I find myself using hustle in the middle of a combat due to manuvering of my party and my oponants. About once every 2 fights)

Spatzimaus

First Post
Vigor (post-errata) is GREAT. For those of you playing along at home, the old version gave you 3 temporary HP, the new version gives (3/level, max 18). One power point to set up an 18-HP damage buffer is GREAT, and because of the scaling effect you probably wouldn't want to take it until level 5 anyway.

Call Weaponry is good too. Never be without a weapon.

Tyrrell

First Post
Ectogoo and the post-erata vigor are both excellent choices that I did not know about before. I now wish that I hadn't selected hustle.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Last edited:

wheeljack

Explorer
forgot source

Might be from "If thoughts could Kill" or "Of sound Mind" or somewhere else

I will check my books when I get home but I am pretty sure its a Level 1 power

Chrysalis- Gives your DR 1/- that lasts 10 minutes per level and can absorb up to 10hp per level

I think that was the stats on it, kinda nice for a tank

Spatzimaus

First Post
Tyrrell: ask your DM if you can swap Hustle out. It's not unreasonable, IMO, to allow retroactive changes when a new splatbook is introduced or spells are substantially errata'd. The logic is, if that spell had been there from the beginning (or, in the case of Vigor, been in its current form) you would have taken it instead. I've seen entire characters rebuilt to take advantage of a new PrC, for example. In fact, when 3E first came out I had a Sorcerer, who was later changed to a Psion.

The only time I'd say no is if someone wanted to swap out a spell like Sleep that only works at low level. They're not swapping because they want the new spell, they're swapping because the old stopped being useful. Not a problem in your case; you probably would have had MORE use out of the post-errata Vigor than Hustle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads