• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a good ziggurat map...

starkad

First Post
Hi guys,

I need a good ziggurat map. My players have entered into an ancient ziggurat to attempt an assault on the life of a black dragon. They do this, because the drow of Xen'Drik refuse to give them what they need unless they rid the countryside of a black winged menace.

They entered into a deserted, jungle choked village, where supposed 'dragon-men' (lizardfolk) lived, only to find it strangle deserted. The groups ranger/druid and barbarian/ranger scaled the ziggurat, only to be assaulted by 4 Clawfoot (it's amazing what a little detail, and some liberties by the GM can do to scare the bejesus out of 6th level PCs with 4 CR2 creatures :D ).

In the process of running away, they triggered a cunningly placed trap. The shifter barbarian/ranger ran into the entrance of the ziggurat, to grab his bow and set himself, when he vanished. The party Artificer noticed a weird glow coming from a small pin on the shifters cloak (a present to them from the drow... which they had no idea they received), and charged after him. Crowding through the entrance, they came face to face with a nightmare - a Dolgaunt!

We ended the session there, and I've now spent 6 days hunting for a good interior ziggurat map. I want to make this adventure interesting for these guys, and while I have in mind what I want in various sections - I don't have a map. Doh!

Any hints or tips where to look would be fantastic. :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'll see if I can dig up a link to my story hour. I spent a great deal of time working up just such a thing, even was populated by lizardmen, but they were now gone. Even covered with vines and everything. Mine was a CR 9 dungeon, and filled to the brim with lizardmen mummies, so you might want to change that aspect. I have all the maps there.

Psion

Adventurer
Goodman Games Secrets of the Drow has a ziggarut in it. Not a classical historical one, but if you are chasing black dragons, that may not be too pertinent...

starkad

First Post
To be honest, the black dragon is a red herring. The real plot is to wipe out the drow's rivals in trade, the lizardmen... But the party doesn't know this of course.

Checking out the maps now, thanks for the pointers! I'll give feedback as soon as I check them out. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads