• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a hand with feat selection...

Kitsune

Explorer
...for a 6th level ranger loup-garou. (A bigger, nastier werewolf for the Ravenloft setting.) I want it to be a good challenge for an 11th level party, and am taking advantage of its large hybrid form to have it dual-wielding a greatsword and a longsword, which should make a good dent in some people.

However, I'm stumped on feats. I gave it Quick Change from Savage Species to let it transform as a move-equivalent action rather than a standard action, and gave it Iron Will to shore up its weak stat for saving throws, leaving two feats left.

Combat Reflexes is a contender in my mind, since a ten foot reach allows for a lot of AoOs. Also, Improved Scent and Uncanny Scent hugely boost the range of its natural scent ability, helping it locate hiding or invisible people, which is also handy.

But if anyone can shower some good advice on me, I'd rather appreciate it!

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
Kitsune said:
...for a 6th level ranger loup-garou. (A bigger, nastier werewolf for the Ravenloft setting.)

hehe and yet "loup-garou" is simply "werewolf" in french. I wonder if french werewolves are better than american werewolves?

Maitre D

RigaMortus2

First Post
Re: Re: Need a hand with feat selection...

Maitre Du Donjon said:

hehe and yet "loup-garou" is simply "werewolf" in french. I wonder if french werewolves are better than american werewolves?

Maitre D

Sure, they may look bigger and better, but hit them once and they will easily surrender.

Doh! :D

Remove ads