• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a short plot for my game

maggot

First Post
I haven't had time to plan my game for tonight. And I'm also dry on plots.

The PCs are traveling from point A to point B. They are 15th-17th level, but no one has any spells above 7th level. And they haven't been to point B before, so they can't teleport.

So they'll windwalk most likely. I haven't had time to flesh out point B, and I would like a quick little plot to fill tonight. Something that's a change of pace from my normal campaign.

So can anyone give me a short little plot that will fill tonight?

Point B is deep in forested mountains, far away from civilization. My normal game is lots of intrigue involving forces the PCs can barely defeat. So something without too much intrigue, and against something the PCs can easily handle would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.
Maggot

Thanee

First Post
In the clouds they stumble upon a cloud castle of a cloud giant wizard, which is just being invaded by nasty demons who want to steal the artifact he has in his treasury.

Bye
Thanee

diaglo

Adventurer
point B is located next to the nest of fiendish T-Rex (get to use that mini) guarding her eggs.

eggs are sterile... no mate...

treasure y is in the nest.

sensate

First Post
While windwalking they accidently stumble into the elemental plane of air. They arrive in a particularly windy area and have to make some sort of saving throw to hold on to all their equipment. Items that are blown off must be retrieved. Try to get things they will really miss like spellbooks, magic necklaces, capes, hats, and scrolls.

Here are some things that could happen after this as a consequence:

A playful young silver dragon might find one of their items and think it is some sort of game and will fly off with it like a dog with a ball. Players must retrieve the item without hurting thte dragon(or face the wrath of mama silver dragon).

Some malicious air mephits find some of the group's items and hold the stuff for ransome. Give them rogue levels.

A genie gives an piece of jewelry that was lost to a slyph he was romancing. Some roleplaying is required to get it back.

maggot

First Post
sensate said:
Would like to hear how it all turned out.

I would too. I forgot how slow my players can be, especially if we haven't played for a few weeks.

We started late, and had to deal with the fallout of last session: Many treasure and leveling. So the sorcerer goes up a level and takes shadow walk, and the party shadow walks instead of wind walks. Bummer on original plot of spotting something interesting from the air. Okay it can still work, but they decide to go to another area first, an area they've been avoiding that I already had a plot for. So they never got around to the trip to Point B.

Hopefully next week they will get back on plan and I can use this "sidetrek" plot because I really like the idea now that I've fleshed it out and turned it into something that fits really well with my campaign.

Thanks again to everyone who posted. I'll post again next week with the results (if the PCs actually make it).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads