• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a spell to summon somthing nasty

Xilo

First Post
Hi all,

I'm wanting to come up with a staff of summoning that reaches into the Abbyss and brings forth something really terrible. Not quite at the level or Orcus etc, but not far off. I've been reading through the standard summoning spells and they don't have the level of risk I'm after.

Now I know I could just have a staff that allows the weilder to do what ever i felt like (being DM has its perks), but it got me thinking about summoning spells. Are there any for pulling this off?

Slife

First Post
If you're worried about the PCs getting access to the staff afterwards, the Candle of Invocation is a single use CL 20 Gate (with side bonuses for clerics, too). It's a steal, too.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Xilo said:
I'm wanting to come up with a staff of summoning that reaches into the Abbyss and brings forth something really terrible. Not quite at the level or Orcus etc, but not far off.

Summon Fiendish Lawyer anyone?

Remove ads