• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a weapon for Sacrifices

Tetujin

First Post
I'm building a Cult Leader, who would preform sacrifices for favor (from the BoVD, page 26). Now, there's nothing wrong with a jeweled dagger, especially since it is my deities prefered weapon, but I'll need to stab someone 2 or 3 times before they have a good chance of dieing (using coup-de-grace, average 2.5 damage, times 2, so they would need to pass a fort save DC 15) if they were starting at full HP. Since I auto-crit when I coup-de-grace (right?) I would like something with a high crit factor (I was consitering the dire pick for a while with 1d8 X4), I also might go with flaming burst or something similar, can't find too many other crit-induced weapon abilities, or feats that apply to the coup-de-grace or some other form of preforming a sacrifice. Thanks for any help you can provide.

UltimaGabe

First Post
How about a Scythe? They do 2d4 points of damage on a normal hit, and they have a x4 critical. On average, without any strength bonus, that's 16 points of damage on a crit. And they're martial weapons, and relatively common. Plus, they're really cool!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Tetujin said:
but I'll need to stab someone 2 or 3 times before they have a good chance of dieing (using coup-de-grace, average 2.5 damage, times 2, so they would need to pass a fort save DC 15) if they were starting at full HP.

That's why you beat sacrifices within an inch of their lives (also, you beat their resistance out of them that way) and then stab them the rest of the way.

Unless, of course, your deity wants it messy, and you have a nice, washable apron for sacrificial services. In that case, I'd prefer a scourge, spiked chain or warpick as sacrificial weapon.

Okay, okay, I'll cut it out now!

Rashak Mani

First Post
Why have a full HP victim ? :)

Also you can always twist the dagger around for some extra damage. For visual effect make it a heavily jagged dagger with x3 crit.

Tetujin

First Post
hmm, going to try and avoid making it apparent that they are being tortured, since I will be possing as a cultist of a NG deity to gain an army, money, and power through my sacrifices, even with my +29 to diplomancy and +12 to bluff that might be tricky to convince if im torturing them...

Felix

Explorer
Use poison on the blade instead of torture.

Lowers their CON so HPs go down as does their ability to make the DC 15 fort save. And if their CON is lowered enough, they die that way, and the sacrifice is still made with the blade.

But make sure you don't mess up when applying the poison to the blade!

shilsen

Adventurer
UltimaGabe said:
How about a Scythe? They do 2d4 points of damage on a normal hit, and they have a x4 critical. On average, without any strength bonus, that's 16 points of damage on a crit. And they're martial weapons, and relatively common. Plus, they're really cool!

That's what I would have suggested.

Otherwise, use a spoon. It hurts more.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
How many HPs do virgins have for [Insert Evil God here]'s sake ?

Bah, virgins! You don't find that many of them, since Sune has paladins and they use their special tactic to protect those virgins (somewhat akin to spraying baby seals' coats with color so they're of no more use for poachers)
:mad:

Remove ads