• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Book advice

Druchii

Explorer
Background,
After a years of not playing DnD I'm finally getting back into it, I stopped when 3.5 came out and never played it but kept up with the changes, I even bought the books.
I'm getting together with my old gaming group to start back up again.
I know 4th ed, is coming but we have many, many books on 3.0 and 3.5 and will not change editions for a few more years.

How I plan my Campaign,
I like to buy 5-8 adventures that have information on the surrounding area included in the book, I then create a map with those books and add to it as I go on.

So on to the Question!
I need adventures that have some surrounding area included in the books?
I did use the Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury surrounding area to make some detailed area for my Campaign with the little information they gave in those books. Blasingdell was visited often.

I’m currently looking at these and can use some information on them too.
The Lost City of Barakus
Castle Whiterock
Bards gate

Now I’m looking for even some SMALL dungeon adventures as I just finished 3 large rooms with Hirst arts molds and would like to use them.

Looking at,
Sons of Gruumsh
Anything level 5 and high would be great.

Thanks in advance.

BlackMoria

First Post
I would suggest Paizo's Pathfinder series. The current 'adventure path' is Rise of the Runelords.

Each issue has a adventure and the rest of the issue has world/setting information being unveiled for their new campaign setting. Usually, the setting information in an issue relates to the adventure. For example, the first adventure in the Rise of the Runelords starts in the town of Sandpoint. That issue, besides the adventure, features articles on the town of Sandpoint and the surrounding area and NPCs. Each issue is unveiling more and more of the campaign world as it series progresses.

The adventures in Pathfinder have been quite good, so far. A win-win situation.

Pinotage

Explorer
Castle Whiterock is fantastic! It includes a gazateer to Morrain, the kingdom where the adventure is set, and a map of the area with loads of details. There's plenty of opporunity to explore and go on quests. Couple that with Gazateer of the Known Realms, DCC 35, and you have a great campaign setting with loads of possibilities. I'd recommend Castle Whiterock - it's a fantastic adventure.

Pinotage

You should look for the first adventure in the Witchfire Trilogy of the Iron Kingodoms, from Privateer Press. An interesting adventure together with a rich description of the areas surrounding the main city.

Cheers,

Red Hand of Doom reads like an excellent adventure (although I've never played it), and it has a fair bit of detail about the region it takes place in.

kensanata

Explorer
I didn't enjoy Red Hand of Doom too much. Too much fighting and too little talking. Might have been the influence of that particular group of players, though.

I'm having great fun with Vault of Larin Karr right now. Level 4-9, three villages and about two dozen encounter areas within a valley including an abandoned keep held by hobgoblins, a ruined village, a forgotten temple, an evil temple, a camp of elves, an orc lair, a dragon or two, and the vault, of course... Classic stuff!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads