• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Evaluation: Elemental Spirits -- Sylphs (1 of 4)

mercucio

First Post
Hi All!

Been working on the elemental creatures based on the medieval elementals, the gnome, salamander, sylph, and undine. I have an initial draft for CR balancing analysis, and feedback on the thematics of special attacks, special qualities, and spell-like abilities. The file is in PDF and contains the Sylfs, six elemental (air) creatures; two new feats; 2 domains, and 4 new spells.

Attachments

• Sylfs_Beta1.1.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

pyrobob

First Post
hmm, just takin a quick look, but youre space/reach section is wrong for the sprite and windborne. also your windborn seems to have 1 too many feats. I'll study it more carefully when i get d time... awesome effort and idea; cant wait to see the others!

mercucio

First Post
pyrobob said:
hmm, just takin a quick look, but youre space/reach section is wrong for the sprite and windborne. also your windborn seems to have 1 too many feats. I'll study it more carefully when i get d time... awesome effort and idea; cant wait to see the others!

Right you are. The face/reach of the sprite should be 2.5 ft/2.5 ft. Delete the Mobility feat from the wind-borne's list of feats.

robjh

First Post
The reach is always in 5 ft. increments, so really it should be 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.

Did you mean Wind-borne?

Grapple of the Wind-borne Sylf should be -2, due to size.

The flat-footed AC of the sprite should be 13.

For several, you list "skill points" under the skills and you have no skills assigned.

I get Fort +8, Ref +16 for the Windwitch.

Also possibly a +4 damage bonus (instead of +10) for the large shortsword for the storm-keeper, unless there is something in one of those feats I don't recognize...

Perhaps increase ground movement of Large Sylfs to 40 ft.? They'd have a bigger stride.

Sprint: "invisible". Too many "i"'s.

I didn't check most of the spell DC's, but I think they should be DC 10 + spell level + Charisma modifier, right? So why doesn't the DC of gust of wind increase for the Cloud Weaver compared to Wind-borne? The former has a Cha 12 and the later Cha 10.

Hope this helped. :)

Last edited:

mercucio

First Post
robjh said:
The reach is always in 5 ft. increments, so really it should be 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.

Did you mean Wind-borne?

Grapple of the Wind-borne Sylf should be -2, due to size.

The flat-footed AC of the sprite should be 13.

For several, you list "skill points" under the skills and you have no skills assigned.

I get Fort +8, Ref +16 for the Windwitch.

Also possibly a +4 damage bonus (instead of +10) for the large shortsword for the storm-keeper, unless there is something in one of those feats I don't recognize...

Perhaps increase ground movement of Large Sylfs to 40 ft.? They'd have a bigger stride.

Sprint: "invisible". Too many "i"'s.

I didn't check most of the spell DC's, but I think they should be DC 10 + spell level + Charisma modifier, right? So why doesn't the DC of gust of wind increase for the Cloud Weaver compared to Wind-borne? The former has a Cha 12 and the later Cha 10.

Hope this helped. :)

1. 2.5 ft/0 ft. it is.

2. Yes, I do mean wind-borne.

3. Correct.

4. Correct.

5. Skill points are now given in the revised document in the first post.

6. You are forgetting to add in the +2 bonus from unearthly grace.

7. Due to a feat you don't recognize: Razor of the Wind (pg .3), reprinted below:

Razor of the Wind
Prerequisites: Dex 15+, Weapon Finesse, Base Attack Bonus +5.

Benefit: When wield a slashing weapon to which the Weapon finesse feat may be applied, you apply your Dexterity modifier to your damage roll instead of your Strength modifier.

8. 40 ft it is.

9. Spelling corrected in revised documet

10. Right you are, spell DC corrected in revised document

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads