• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need feedback on encounter builder

bobcat_grad

First Post
I'm working on building an encounter builder.

It allows you to right-click a monster in the WOTC Monster Builder, copy as Rich Text, and then paste it into your library.

Then you can pick monsters, add them to an encounter and get an idea of the difficulty level of it for level/party size in a grid format.

After I get the filter working, the next step is popping open a nice sheet you can print out that has the vitals for all of the monsters in the encounter (HP, Bloodied Value, Defenses, and a place for you to track conditions).

Here's a screenshot of what I have to this point. I'm looking for feedback on what people would find useful in something like this.

Attachments

• Encounter Builder Screenshot.jpg
    Encounter Builder Screenshot.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 248

Emryys

Explorer
Nifty! :)

I'll be following this thread... perhaps when you have a working beta...

The print out would be useful as right now I copy/paste from the MB, then add slots for tracking HP, etc. Just being able to do the encounter builder functions will be helpful :)

talarei07

First Post
i cant get this thing to work. first it tells me it doesnt have permission to access the data base. the it tells me there is a problem with the rich text

bobcat_grad

First Post
i cant get this thing to work. first it tells me it doesnt have permission to access the data base. the it tells me there is a problem with the rich text

Both errors are due to the same issue.

If you're running on Vista, I noted that you have to run the app in Administrator mode. Once you've done that, you'll be fine.

Remove ads