• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need good intro module

Akrasia

Procrastinator
Wraith Form said:
Any adventure from Goodman Games' The Adventure Begins (Dungeon Crawl Classics #29). It's a wonderful book filled with 20 different 1st/2nd level adventures with non-setting specific plots.

Heck of a lot of fun, and the best d20 resource I've purchased since the 3.5 PHB/DMG/MM books.

Might wanna get the PDF, though, so you can print individual adventures and write notes on 'em, etc.

I agree fully with this recommendation. The great thing about the adventures in DCC29 is that they are all relatively short (but still interesting), and thus make for good 'one session' modules.

I would also recommend DCC0 Legends are Made, Not Born for a fun 'intro' adventure.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Akrasia said:
I agree fully with this recommendation. The great thing about the adventures in DCC29 is that they are all relatively short (but still interesting), and thus make for good 'one session' modules.

I would also recommend DCC0 Legends are Made, Not Born for a fun 'intro' adventure.
Word, and thanks for the props, everyone. Youse my peeps, yo.

grodog

Hero
S. Baldrick said:
Sunless Citadel was pretty good but I would also recommend The Crucible of Freya from Necromancer Games or NeMoren’s Vault from Fiery Dragon Games as good 1st level adventures

I would absolutely recommend Necromancer Games' Wizard's Amulet (free on their site @ http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/WA-Revised.pdf and http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/Characters2r.pdf for the pregen PCs) and Crucible of Freya over WotC's low level adventures.

If you're willing to do some conversions, playing B2 Keep on the Borderlands is much more modular than most modules, so the PCs should be able to get a sense of accomplishment attacking one or more of the Caves of Chaos in a 4 hour slot. T1 Village of Hommlet also rocks, of course, but it's can be a bit more challenging for brand-new players.

Rob Kuntz's Dark Chateau from Troll Lord Games is also a good low-level adventure: http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/zagyg/8060.html (you would have to convert it from C&C to 3.x).

Treebore

First Post
I'll have to say DCC 29 or the Amulet/Crucible are the best ones recommended so far, but all of them can work, depending on what your willing/able to do to prep.

DCC 29 is most likely to give you what you want.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
For my suggestion, the old module nemoren's vault is an excellent introductory adventure. It's long out of print, but I'm sure you can buy it online.

It had pre-gen characters, a great setup and even illustrations of some of the key rooms. I can't recommend it enough.

--Steve

seskis281

First Post
I'd also recommend DCC 29 as the best source, especially for this sort of limited game and the d20 material not needing adaptation...

Dark Chateau and The Rising Knight are two good C&C modules, but probably not good for you running a 3.x game.

John

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads