• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need good intro module

Nyaricus

First Post
Mycanid said:
Thanks Nyaricus!

(Impatiently waiting, crossing his arms and tapping his foot....)
Sorry, computer fragged up a bit yesterday. I dunno what happened, but I had about 6 differnet things going that where important at the time (sending an email about D&D this weekend to the group, doing Zook Nackle, loading up songs on my MP3 player and posting on EN World) and I had to shut down my computer :\

Turns out my MP3 player went from 260ish songs to 5. :mad:

Anyways, I'll be posting up the stats as I can in the next while :)

Mycanid

First Post
AUGH! [regarding mp3 player fritz ...] I tell ya. When they work they work wonderfully, but when they don't. Rassa frassa keesa frassan....

Okay though ... I will continue to wait. (Sits down to play a game of Go with a Galeb Duhr.)

Nyaricus

First Post
Mycanid said:
AUGH! [regarding mp3 player fritz ...] I tell ya. When they work they work wonderfully, but when they don't. Rassa frassa keesa frassan....

Okay though ... I will continue to wait. (Sits down to play a game of Go with a Galeb Duhr.)
Preach it man. I've already laoded up 100 songs on it again, but it's just a bother to have to re-do this again :\

I'm working more on my Ogre Mages of Murann thread right now, so I'll be posting up the stats for my one-shot in a week or so. Sorry it's going to take so long man.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Viking Kitten said:
I agree, Orcfest is probably the best 1st level module that I've seen.

What did you like about it?

I'm in the market for a 1st level adventure and while there are many I like, I'm looking for one that really shows off the whole spectrum of D&D. I want the players making Track Checks, Jump, Balance, Spot, Bluff, Sense Motive, Climb, Swim. I want them to see how their choices affects the game and this is something I find typically lacking even in 1st level modules I otherwise like.

Mycanid

First Post
No worries Nyaricus ... I can wait. Galeb Duhr's are immensely patient folk, and I can just go into a meditative mind meld with it for a bit. ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
Mycanid said:
No worries Nyaricus ... I can wait. Galeb Duhr's are immensely patient folk, and I can just go into a meditative mind meld with it for a bit. ;)
lol :D

I'll do them ASAP - my apollogies for not being able to do them sooner, however...

Viking Kitten

First Post
mattcolville said:
What did you like about it?

I'm in the market for a 1st level adventure and while there are many I like, I'm looking for one that really shows off the whole spectrum of D&D. I want the players making Track Checks, Jump, Balance, Spot, Bluff, Sense Motive, Climb, Swim. I want them to see how their choices affects the game and this is something I find typically lacking even in 1st level modules I otherwise like.

Well it's been a while since I read it, but the best thing about it is that it walks a dm and the players through how to play D&D. There is a lot of explanation of basic combat, how adventures should be created, experience, treasure, etc. It makes a very good D&D for Dummies guide in itself. This is what Sunless Citadel should have been IMO. Of course, if you are a veteran DM, this may not be of much use to you.

The adventure itself takes the pc's from 1st to 3rd level. The first part is mainly a small dungeon crawl. The second part is mostly roleplaying as the players must disguise them selves as orcs to gather information. The third part is a big fight in defense of the town. There's really a lot of variety and it touches most of the D&D bases.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Any adventure from Goodman Games' The Adventure Begins (Dungeon Crawl Classics #29). It's a wonderful book filled with 20 different 1st/2nd level adventures with non-setting specific plots.

Heck of a lot of fun, and the best d20 resource I've purchased since the 3.5 PHB/DMG/MM books.

Might wanna get the PDF, though, so you can print individual adventures and write notes on 'em, etc.

Mycanid

First Post
Excellent suggestion wraith-form. I shoulda thought of that. Must be too engrossed in the game of go with the galeb-duhr....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads