• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help creating a Monk3/Psionic1

Some months ago a monk character of mine had the chance to take one (and more in the future) level of psionic. Probably because of the monk's multiclassing restrictions I could not find suggestions for such a combination on the boards.

The question is: What are good psionic classes/powers that would complement his abilities as a monk. The character has high strength and wisdom, so as a psion, I would focus on those two abilities. Maybe Psionic Warrior would be a better choice? I don't know.

Actually, I don't know the psionics handbook that well, so I am grateful for any suggestions you might have.

Thx,

NK

PS: We all know the monk's restriction on taking other classes, but since the monk is a special race (that has psion/psionic warrior as favourite class) my DM allowed that I can go back to advancing as a monk afterwards.

kreynolds

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
We all know the monk's restriction on taking other classes...

Though Forgotten Realms is much more forgiving than Greyhawk. In FR, your monastic order determines which classes you can multiclass with. Its pretty cool.

Baron Von StarBlade

Neverwinter Knight said:

The question is: What are good psionic classes/powers that would complement his abilities as a monk. The character has high strength and wisdom, so as a psion, I would focus on those two abilities. Maybe Psionic Warrior would be a better choice? I don't know.

Firstly I'd look at the Wizards The Mind's Eye web Enhancements for Psionics. They definitely have some nice feats/PrCs to use. However to answer your question, I would probably go with a Psychic Warrior instead of a Psionic. The Psi Warrior is basically a Buff Self class, which would work extremely well with a monk. As for Prestige Classes take a look at the Diamond Warrior.

Brekki

First Post
As for psion-powers that boost the monk best, it is best to become an Egoist (strength based psion). Have a look at the mind's eye powers and classes, which can be found here : http://www.wizards.com/dnd/main.asp?x=dnd/psi/welcome,3

The first level power "lesser magical body" is very nice, it makes all your physical attacks +1 weapons for an hour/level. Biofeedback is the next very good power. It turns part of the damage you get into subdual damage.

Other powers farther down the line are the body adjustment (healing) powers, animal affinity, claws of the vampire, polymorph self. The better magical body powers and biofeedback powers are also important.

As for feats, inertial armor and the improved version from mind's eye are good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads