• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

need help designing a challenge to kill a statue

Kodam

First Post
Bury it!

Hi!

How about to bury the statue? It could be placed in some kind of pit or so. A hint could be something like "stone covered by stones".

So the statue - earth - endures instead of being destroyed.

Kodam

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
If this is the last door to the BBEG, then perhaps a culmination of sorts...the party must use the previous 3 elements to eliminate the earth statue...but the statue, after all of its transformations, endures.

Use wind on the stone will "erode" the statue into a sandy form....it keeps its shape, but is obviously a soft, granular substance as opposed to solid stone.

Use water on the "sandy" statue to turn it into a "clay-ish" substance. Again, the statue maintains it's shape...but the basic structure of the statue is a different "earth" than it started.

Use fire on it to "bake" the clay. It because kind of glossy and hardened and easily shatters into pieces...the pieces are still "earth"...they endure. Once the baked clay statue is destroyed, the elemental portal closes and their way becomes clear. (or to borrow from above, I do like the idea of the ruby -or some other gemstone-they're part of the earth too...diamond perhaps...diamonds are forever after all ;) So you could have the baked clay statue simply fall apart after it is baked...revealing the gemstone key.

That closer to what you were looking for? If not, hope it at least sparks some other concept for ya.

Have fun and happy sculpting.
--Steel Dragons

Katana_Geldar

First Post
What about you have an incomplete statue that needs to be drawn out of the earth to pass? It's still embedded in the rock and they need to free it.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
One thing should instantly defeat the statue if the PC's have it in their inventory:

[sblock]Dire Pigeon!

2006-09pigeon.jpg
[/sblock]

edwee

First Post
Thank you very much, these are more like what i was wanting! I really appreciate all the suggestions. I think I will be tweaking and using a mixture of Kodam's and Steeldragons... not sure how to get there yet, but I'll make something up with them, so thank you very much

Remove ads