• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help - ideas for a chase on horseback!

Fathead

First Post
I hope that this discussion will generate some great ideas. I've been cobbling together a new campaign, and the premise is this - an artifact which helped to maintain the balance of power has been stolen. The PCs are travelling through neighboring kingdoms, following the trail of the thief. Neither the thief nor the PCs wish to disclose that the artifact is missing...but the PCs presence in these warring kingdoms may do just that.

I want to start the adventure with the PCs being chased on horseback. They cannot be captured or identified. I want it to be tense and gripping.

I'm looking for creative ideas on obstacles (terrain or otherwise) where they can use their skills, horse-riding feats and home rules regarding riding (as the 3.5 rules don't contain much to be excited about), etc.

I had seen another thread regarding mounts, so any additional supplement suggestions would also be welcomed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads