• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help - name for area in an Armored Car

Henry

Autoexreginated
Sejs said:
Nah, then you get Ron Perlman following you everywhere, going on and on about how War Never Changes.

Maybe you'll think of me
when you are all alone
Maybe the one who is waiting for you
Will prove untrue, then what will you do?

Thanks, all! I finally settled on "cargo area" because I wanted something more descriptive, but I appreciate the help!

Chimera

First Post
Speaking as a current Armored Truck Driver/Guard, I can safetly say that there is no one specific term.

Terminology for even the most basic things varies wildly between companies. We go back to 'the branch' at night. Another local company calls it 'base'. Practice as to how things work also varies wildly.

Some companies have a solid wall between the front and back of the truck, some don't. Some 'custodians' (as we call the guy who jumps out and takes the money into the bank/store/wherever) sit in the back with the money. For some companies, they sit up front next to the driver. For our company, the driver has switches to open all of the doors. The Custodian comes back and the driver has to watch for him and unlock the door. For other companies, the custodian has a key and unlocks it himself.

So the basic point is, Don't worry about it. Use whatever terminology or practice that makes sense to you in your game setting. (Assuming that this is what it's for)

Last edited:

Sejs

First Post
Chimera said:
So the basic point is, Don't worry about it. Use whatever terminology or practice that makes sense to you in your game setting. (Assuming that this is what it's for)

Right, so loot hole it is then. *nod*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads