• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Help...TPK (kinda long)

L0rd_Dark0n

First Post
I need some help or suggestions here. I'm DMing a Forgotten Realms game for a friend of mine over chat that takes place in the Silver Marches in the Rauvin Vale area. He has a very developed character. Background story, motivation for adventuring, the whole works. Sum it up, his family was slaughtered by goblins, and they left him for dead. After being found by a wandering ranger, he was nursed back to health and taught everything he needed to survive in the wilds and to hunt his enemies. His hatred for goblins knows no bounds...except he wouldn't sell his soul to a Batezzu to come back to life. Almost though, but couldn't get him to do it :cool: Now, we played 3 sessions in which the first two had 0 combat. It was all roleplaying around Jalanthar and meeting NPCs. When they finally set out, they encountered a small scout party of Orks. Bad Party dice rolling and good Ork dice rolling = Total Party Kill. NOW, the party is dead and in the Fugue plane. This changes the whole dynamic of the campaign I would say. His character is determined to make it back to the world of the living to rescue those he loves (who he thought was dead until he died) and to bring his revenge on his hated enemy. There is no way he could rest peacefully. Anyone have any suggestions for what we can be doing now? We're going to be playing another session this evening, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Thanks

Jeph

Explorer
They're extraplanar creatures now, right? Have an evil cleric who is aligned with those who slew his family use a Summon Monster spell to make the party work for her. Then, when they get back, provide some way for them to obtain an item (possibly an artifact?) that could let them break the controll of the summoner, and have her summon them again . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads