• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with a fantasy campaign calendar

Fathead

First Post
I'm creating a new campaign world, and would like to provide the players with a calendar. I'm keeping it rather simple, and just replacing the months with other names. So, I'm taking suggestions on names! Obviously, many of the names will probably follow dates with agricultural significance...

What suggestions do my fellow Enworlders have? What calendars do you use in your own campaign world?

MerakSpielman

First Post
Modeled after the real world is fine, but I found it easier to make a new calander where the heavens operate like clockwork. For example, my months are all 30 days long, with three weeks of ten days. There are 12 months (why? because 10 months didn't divide evenly into 4 seasons) which works out to 360 days in a year. I have two moons, one of which is full every month, and one of which is full every 3 months. Every year is the same, and that makes it VERY easy for me to figure things out - like when there's a nighttime adventure and the players ask me if the moons are full or not.

Of course, that isn't the question you were asking. You wanted month-names. I can't remember them all, but I have names like: Dewfall, Frostmorn, Coldbreath, Plantmoon, and Heatrise. Not the most creative, I suppose, but they all describe the months they name, and follow the seasons and agriculture.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads