• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

need help with an adventure

saethone

First Post
so i've procrastinated until the day before the session with making my adventure lol

i've got an idea in mind...i think i'll be sending them on a murder investigation...but i can't think of exactly how they are going to solve this in game...like what clues i should leave etc

they are in sharn, the party is all 5-6 level, rogue, rogue, fighter, (possible sorcerer), and an npc nymph...and maybe a third rogue (yes, he opted to play rogue over cleric in this party :p)

and they are in sharn...i can probably think of npc witnesses and stuff "i saw him going into morgrave u. late last night..." etc, but i just can't figure out how to get them started on the investigation...i'm thinking about having them be the first to see it, and even having them accused of being the killers, hopefully at least one rogue will try to escape (he seems to be the self preserving kind of guy :p though the fighter will likely give up - and if they are all captured then they can just prove themselves innocent easily as they will have recently been departing from the lighting rail and the ticketmaster will be able to vouch for them)

but other than that i can't figure out how to get them on the path to finding it, and i can't think of what non - witness clues to leave, etc...

any suggestions?

Make the victim someone they know.

Make the victim someone they just visited: a shopkeeper dies minutes after they leave the shop. "Witnesses" remember the party being in the shop.

Have them find the body.

Have a spirit tell them it needs their help avenging its own death. There's a reward for helping the spirit....

Have one of the rogues (who is seeking out a thieves' guild) be directed to the dead guy as a possible contact. The guild then wants to know why he's poking around.

saethone

First Post
yes, the victim is someone they know - someone from morgrave univeristy who's been helping them out

and they had just seen him before they left for baran's keep, and were coming back to discuss a finding with him

they will probably find the body...the spirit telling them to help avenge his death though..hmmm :) might be a good idea there!

Remove ads