• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help with The elements of magic

ShadowMaster

First Post
on table 1-5 we can find description of all elements available when casting spells and their intensity side effects. I would like to know where do we find the description of those effects? By example, ICE tells me that is low intensity side effect is cold which is described as "Described in cold Dangers section". My question is, where can I find that section?

Thanks

BTW: I love this book.

ShadowMaster

First Post
Suldulin said:
in the DMG

Sorry, I know it sounds a little bit newbie. But what would happen if I do "Evoke White Ice 5" and there is a cold side effect? What would be this effect? The ennemi catch the flux or what (ok joking but need help!

What if the effect is intense intensity?

Thank for clarifying this rule for me.

Suldulin

First Post
from page 86 of the DMG:

"An unprotected character is cold weather (below 40 degreese F) must make a Fortitude saving throw every hour (DC 15, + 1 per previous check) or sustain 1d6 points of subdual damage."

from page 88 of the DMG:

"Characters walking on ice must make balance checks (DC 15) to avoid slipping and falling."

Remove ads