• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need ideas for a quest

TheEldereye

First Post
I need some help coming up with a plot for a climatic adventure. If anyone could lend me some help I'd be grateful.

I have a villian that needs to be defeated and driven off if not killed outright. I'd prefer imprisoning him instead of killing off such a great nemesis.

The villain is a former PC that betrayed his party for magical power. I took the PC and in a campaign that was set later in time and brought him back as a demigod of ambitious mages and betrayal. I explained to them that he had grown so powerful that he had stolen a divine spark from the god of death by using a powerful alien weapon that protected him from any retribution. The weapon had been the focus of several adventures years before. He became the main villian and the campaign centered on defeating his growing power base - kingdom in the north the "Arcanian Reich". Needless to say they failed in a miserable TPK. We shelved the homebrew world afterward- that was a few years ago. My players want a second shot. They want to bring back a set of PCs from our first campagn (the ones that were betrayed) and take him out.

So I need some ideas on an adventure or adventures that could lead of group of players of about 15th to 17th to defeat a demigod.

I figure they can do a direct assault or somehow get one of his more powerful enemies to do it for him.

What I have so far is causing the destruction of his alien weapon - a sword based on the "Darksword" trilogy by fashiming a sword of their own from some material. I was thinking of having it be located on an outerplane where they would have to deal with some evil devil types. But I'm stuck.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance. I tried not to be to long winded if I left something out ask me.

Thanks.

Remove ads