Need ideas for....Grand Theft Arcana campaign

Welverin

First Post
Superunknown_GP said:
For starters, I need a name for the city. I'm building my own- I'm sort of shooting for something that feels halfway between Chicago and New York City. Any suggestions for a name? Something that re-inforces the campaign theme would be awesome.

Well Rockstar's naming convention for the GTA series seems to be to use a name that's descriptive of the city being emulated (Vice City, Sin City). So I'd suggest thinking of what word or two describes your city best and naming it that.

morrolan

First Post
Welverin said:
Well Rockstar's naming convention for the GTA series seems to be to use a name that's descriptive of the city being emulated (Vice City, Sin City). So I'd suggest thinking of what word or two describes your city best and naming it that.

NY and Chicago eh? The Big Windy?

Superunknown_GP

First Post
City-building

Hey, if anyone is in the city-building mood, I wouldn't complain. I'm thinking that, as a general town layout, that putting it at the mouth of a river is always a good idea, both from an historical perspective and from a gameplay perspective- most older towns tend to have a large running body of water, and, well, having a river in the middle of your town can be the source of all kinds of nifty plot ideas. Smuggling down the river? Hijacking boats? Piracy?

Plus bridges is always fun.

Hmmmm.....

I like the vampires in the graveyard. In fact, the second adventure I was going to do was going to revolve around a vampire car thief. I think I might use the Ghost Dragons as well. Maybe tattoos OF invisibility? That'd be awful useful for crime. Enlarge tattoos for muggers? There's plenty of possibility there.

Negative Zero

First Post
Byrons_Ghost said:
There's always the whole Jamaican posse/voodoo thing...
just a quick note, Voodoo was the primary religion of Haiti, not Jamaica. although today it's been surplanted by Catholicism, it is still commonplace to see Voodoo practiced openly.

oh and Gundark, that map looks like what the GenCon exibit floor felt like! :lol:

~NegZ

Remove ads