• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Info on the Yuuzhan Vong

mojo1701

First Post
Henry said:
One extra note: The New Jedi Order sourcebook is NOT all Original Core Rules; there are parts such as the equipment that jive with the revisions. Kind of like how Field Folio for 3E was "sorta" 3.5 written. It's still a VERY worthwhile book if you are going to run a Yuuzhan Vong RPG.

Oh, absolutely.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The_Universe said:
Sorry I have to disagree Ankh-morpok, but I loved the expanded universe *until* the NJO. Since it began, I have been increasingly disgusted with the future of star wars. You are (unfortunately) just bearing the brunt of my frustration.

Going to have to agree with you. I just couldn't believe they dragged it on and on and on and on. I think I stopped after the sixth book. It had a great idea that they could've keept going to but man, they just insisted on crushing everything cool about Star Wars and making it like the Tyrannids successfully invaded the Empire of Man in Warhammer 40K and that just doesn't jive with the series.

The_Universe

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Going to have to agree with you. I just couldn't believe they dragged it on and on and on and on. I think I stopped after the sixth book. It had a great idea that they could've keept going to but man, they just insisted on crushing everything cool about Star Wars and making it like the Tyrannids successfully invaded the Empire of Man in Warhammer 40K and that just doesn't jive with the series.
Precisely! Isn't there enough bad stuff *in* the Star Wars galaxy that they didn't have to fish around outside it to find an interesting problem or villain?

Shadow145

First Post
I think there was an issue of Star Wars Gamer that actually had a Vong adventure in it, as well as some general tips. The mag was cancelled, but you may be able to find back issues. I think this was the issue, but I'm not sure.

Also, www.swrpgnetwork.com is a good source for SWRPG material.

The_Universe said:
Precisely! Isn't there enough bad stuff *in* the Star Wars galaxy that they didn't have to fish around outside it to find an interesting problem or villain?
Well, the Empire's pretty much gone...the Chiss aren't enemies, and the Ssi-Ruuk still aren't extremely expansionist(or at least, not good at it). One of the best things that the NJO did was
kill off those Yeventha. Never liked them at all...

I didn't mind the series being so long, and I liked the Vong...but the funny thing about NJO is there isn't really a middle ground. From what I've seen, you either loved it or hated it.

The_Universe

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, the Empire's pretty much gone...the Chiss aren't enemies, and the Ssi-Ruuk still aren't extremely expansionist(or at least, not good at it). One of the best things that the NJO did was
kill off those Yeventha. Never liked them at all...

I didn't mind the series being so long, and I liked the Vong...but the funny thing about NJO is there isn't really a middle ground. From what I've seen, you either loved it or hated it.
Ain't that the truth.

I guess we're just on different sides of the aisle - I loathed it with every fiber of my being. ;)

The_Universe said:
Ain't that the truth.

I guess we're just on different sides of the aisle - I loathed it with every fiber of my being. ;)
Heheh, at least I can see where you're coming from. I loathe the Yeventha/Black Fleet Trilogy as much, if not more, than you loathe NJO. :D

warlord

First Post
I have to give my opinion The NJO is horrible mainly because they killed Chewbacca. Oh wait it was RA Salvatore the creator of Drizzt everyone's favorite drow. Now he's a no good wookie killer! Damn you RA Salvatore damn you.

Remove ads