• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need more spells per round!

Artoomis

First Post
I am not completely certain, but I think there is no way to get more than two.

Regardless of what else happen, you get only one swift action per round. A belt of battle and a quickened spell are both swift actions.

Celerity is probabaly a swift action, too, but I am not certain on that.

Finally, trust me on this, you do NOT want more than two - because if you get, more than two, so will the bad guys, and you WILL die.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Getting another full-round action isn't quite the same as getting another full round worth of actions, I'd still say that you're limited to one swift action per round, and that even with the extra full-round action, it's still only one round.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Cast Arcane Fusion, from the Complete Mage. Get to cast 1 4th level spell and 1 1st level spell for the price of a 5th level spell. Also comes in Greater versions.

Artoomis

First Post
I guess there's always Time Stop (too high a level for you) - and there is some sort of Time Stop item in the Magic Item Compendium, too.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
There is a prestige class that lets you convert turn attempts into additional swift actions a round...trying to remember where it is from, but that would get around the swift action limitation.

kjenks

First Post
You didn't mention your familiar. It should be doing SOMETHING while you're trying to cast as many spells as possible.

Zurai

First Post
Mistwell said:
There is a prestige class that lets you convert turn attempts into additional swift actions a round...trying to remember where it is from, but that would get around the swift action limitation.

Ruby Knight Vindicator, from Tome of Battle.

castro3nw

First Post
Nifft said:
If the DM allows Belt of Battle unmodified, he might allow abuse of White Raven Tactics (from Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords).

Then, your extra actions in one round are limited to how many allies you have who know White Raven Tactics. :uhoh:

Note: This is abuse! Please don't try this in your home game without your DM's informed consent!

If you want in on th WRT fun, all it takes is a Crown of the White Raven (novice) and a casting of Heroics (SpC) to give yourself the Martial Study feat for a White Raven Maneuver to meet WRT prereqs...

Though, as Mr. Nifft said, it's abuse and not something to pull on a DM you wanna keep as a friend. Bad mojo and all.

irdeggman

First Post
I agree with those who have said a full round action is not the same as full round's worth of actions.
Looking at the item description itself you can get:

1 move action
or 1 standard action
or 1 full round action.

It is not a full round's worth of extra actions.

at most from the belt you can get 1 more spell.

You can't get 2 swift actions from the belt though.

Also the limit on spells that are effective from the boots are limited to those that have a lasting effect (for more than 2 rounds) - so all of those instantaneous spells won't work.

The belt also forces you to use that "bonus" action immediately before any other ones can be taken. So swift to activate belt then immediately followed with bonus action (move, standard or full-round) then rest of normal actions (move, standard or full-round).

Remove ads