• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need opinions/advice about a custom class

Kitsune

Explorer
One of the players in our game managed to get the DM to let him have a custom class. It's a very long manifesto, and it might not be able to fit on here, so I'll provide linkage to the original files right off the bat.

Class description

Spell List

We're talking along the lines of twenty pages for the spells he wrote, but the class description isn't so big. Any feedback that anyone has on this class or the spells would be simply wonderful.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Seems overly complicated and possibly overpowered. I'm all for making custom classes, however this one has a lot of abilities (uncanny dodge, evasion, Cleric BAB) in addition to spellcasting abilities, which is limited by the character's ability to "gather runes", which is dependant upon the encounters the DM devises.

Honestly, this wouldn't be a class I'd allow as a DM.

Lily Inverse

First Post
Complication usually breeds confusion. The best power-gamers know this and write their own house-rules to purposely confuscate their over-powering. My immediate reaction is to direct your DM to the much simpler class of the same name in FRCS.

Of specific concern:

Total spells known exceeds that of the Sorcerer, and is not under DM control like Divine and Wizardly Arcane casting. Both have in-game limiters on their discovery and development.

Does not appear to have any limit on max spell level.

Does not appear to have any limit on spells per day.

Overcomplicated, overpowered. Nice attempt tohugh, a few years ago I might have let this slip by.

Last edited:

Remove ads