• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Plot Help - What Could Be in an Abandoned Wizard's Tower?

dreaded_beast

First Post
Here is the background:

There is a wizard's tower by the Dancing Falls by the Lost Peaks in the High Forest. The wizard is away from the tower on "business". I haven't decided what this business is yet, maybe plane hopping. Anyway, the wizard has sealed up most of the tower, but left his lowly 1st level apprentice to take care of the bottom floor. Followers of Orcus have captured the apprentice and want to raid the tower. My player has almost rescued the apprentice and will probably be heading towards the tower to investigate what is going on there.

I need some reasons for why the player would go beyond just "investigating", what they would find, plot ideas... :D

Please help :)

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
The wizard has a "Flesh Golem" finished and stored in a big vat that somehow accidentally gets tipped over, setting the golem free to cause havoc that the players have to deal with.

DS

Mystery Man

First Post
Lots of magic mouths on the walls telling to go this way and that, trying to lead them astray, into ambushes, traps.....

Oh, and perhaps there is a secret entrance in the basement that leads to "The Nameless Dungeon"

Last edited:

willpax

First Post
I made a wizard's dungeon that had a library in the center. To get to the library, you had to walk through a rather rudimentary labyrinth. The twist was that the wizard had convinced some earth elementals to shift the labyrinth whenever someone was inside. Every minute, the 8 50' squares that made up the labyrinth shuffled, with only a low, rumbling groan to signify what had happened. You could only enter or exit every eight minutes, and traps abounded at the dead ends.

(I made the map out of nine squares that I rotated around every minute. It nearly drove the players insane).

Remove ads