• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need some advice for a lvl5 tank build.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hmmm.That Armigar does kind of look like what im looking for. However I'd have to see if my dm would let me improve it a little. I agree with the reviews at the bottom that its needs a little more of...something to really be effective.Also"Additionally, even when the armiger is using a shield that prevents his hand from being free, he can use his shield-arm to hold (and fight with) a pole arm or spear with which he is proficient." So I can use polearms AND a shield? AM I reading that right?

1Mac

First Post
You're reading Spear Brace correctly, I believe; that's the point of the power.

Read this product page thread before monkeying around with the class. Owen Stephens is the designer, and he has some worthwhile thoughts on why the class is the way it is.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
You can use any 3.5 WotC book? Mix in Book of Nine Swords. One level of crusader will give you access to the Iron Guard's Glare stance. Just leave it on forever, and any opponent adjacent to you takes a -4 penalty to attack anyone other than you.
-blarg

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Well I see his points I guess. I still think it needs 1 or 2 bonus feats. I believe there is room for those in the bid 7-10 lvl gap before you start receiving advanced talents. And is it just me or does it seem that the advanced talents arent as good as the others? Sadly out of the 30+ Gigs of d&d books I have apparently nine swords is not amongst them :p

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Well folks I am playing an armiger! The dm ok'd it and the build looks solid. I chose the spear brace special ability and used the second choice to get Shield Spec.My other feats are imp shield bash,Shield focus,TWF,Combat Exp and improved trip.I use a +1 kite shield of bashing and a guisarme with +1 tatami-do armor. All in all it looks good. I plan on my next feat being antagonize :)

Last edited:

Remove ads