• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need some allies for an evil fey controller

NewJeffCT

First Post
Idea 1

A nice setup could be the classic forbidden garden. Add some trees, a pond and the aforementioned plattform with a shrine in the middle. And if you really want to rock, giver your fey a power to shift the natural part of the environment.

Cycle of Nature

At the start of her turn XXX(insert BBEG here) uses a free action to change to the next season.

Each season would then have specific effects, so that for example in autumn, falling leaves could grant cover from ranged attacks or during summer her attacks might deal additional fire damage.

Of course, this setup would require quite a bit of work, but it would surely do for a memorable boss fight.

I'm liking this idea -have different effects for each season.
1) Spring - Thunderstorm happens - attacks that contain "lightning" deal extra damage, while those with "fire" deal less due to the storm. Ranged attacks are at -2.
2) Summer - heat wave - fire attacks deal extra damage, while cold attacks deal less.
3) Autumn - the swirling leaves make ranged attacks a -2 penalty and long range a -4. Air attacks deal extra damage due to the swirling leaves, while ____ attacks deal less.
4) Winter - blizzard - moderate acrobatics check to move beyond a shift, else you fall prone. Cold attacks deal extra damage, while fire attacks deal less.

Any suggestions on effects/bonuses/penalties?

Thanks

Bungus

First Post
Fomorians. Long reach in a limited area can be brutal if they get the wizard or shaman.

Chaos hydra with threatening reach in combo with a limited area.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Fomorians. Long reach in a limited area can be brutal if they get the wizard or shaman.

Chaos hydra with threatening reach in combo with a limited area.

Fomorians were part of my prior encounter, so I'd prefer something different.

I'd have to up the level of a chaos hydra, though, as it's a brute and they deal good damage, but often don't hit very often unless they're above the party level.

Terrance888

First Post
You can probably demote it into an Elite.
513 HP (Stolen from Fomorian Butcher)
Chaosborn kicks in at 385, 257, 129- The new heads can also go with the seasons idea instead of normal Chaosborn heads.
Same defenses.
Make it Resist 10 instead.
Saving Throws is +2
Speed Same.
AP+1
Redo the damage with MM3 numbers as seen here. Marvelous Monsters.
Or you can do this: For static changes I think it was triple the static bonus for Brutes: so instead of +5 that's +15.
Change some of the At-Wills to Recharges or Encounter Recharge at Bloodied powers.
My Suggestion: Hydra Fury becomes 4+ or 5+, Recharge at Bloodied or Dazed/Stunned effects.
The 4 possible Chaosborn Heads would be 2 or 3+, Use it or Lose it.

Last edited:

NewJeffCT

First Post
You can probably demote it into an Elite.
513 HP (Stolen from Fomorian Butcher)
Chaosborn kicks in at 385, 257, 129- The new heads can also go with the seasons idea instead of normal Chaosborn heads.
Same defenses.
Make it Resist 10 instead.
Saving Throws is +2
Speed Same.
AP+1
Redo the damage with MM3 numbers as seen here. Marvelous Monsters.
Or you can do this: For static changes I think it was triple the static bonus for Brutes: so instead of +5 that's +15.
Change some of the At-Wills to Recharges or Encounter Recharge at Bloodied powers.
My Suggestion: Hydra Fury becomes 4+ or 5+, Recharge at Bloodied or Dazed/Stunned effects.
The 4 possible Chaosborn Heads would be 2 or 3+, Use it or Lose it.

Thanks - good idea.

Remove ads