• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Some Help with a Tavern Name

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
Kryndal Levik said:
Not to derail your thread, but I'd love to hear more about your scenario. I was planning on doing the exact same thing, and would love to hear your ideas.
Believe it or not, I've seen parties playing d20 Modern fall for that scenario.

Every.

Damn.

Time.

egomann

Explorer
Kryndal Levik said:
Not to derail your thread, but I'd love to hear more about your scenario. I was planning on doing the exact same thing, and would love to hear your ideas.

I am running the party through the 2E module "Four from Cormyr". There is a section called "The Inn of the Undead" and what happens is that the party gets attacked by Ghouls on the road, and are so beaten up they have to stop at an inn to rest.

Well my players are going to mop the floor with the Ghouls, however I think that the ghouls will kill their mounts and the players will see the light of the inn in the distance.

The original module had just a normal inn with 2 Vampires acting as servers, and a Necromancer running the show. I have changed that to about a dozen weak vampire dancers, and four strong Vamps. Two Bouncers, One Lead Dancer, and one "House Mom". The Necromancer is tending bar. Once the Lead Dancer gets her whip around one of the players, the Necromancer will activate a half dozen pre planted Continual Darkness spells and the Vamps will attack.

The only thing that I am still thinking about is the other patrons. I have a small adventuring company that is about 1/2 the strenght of the PC's, a Sembian Merchant, and three students at the local Fighter college. I would like to beef that up some more, but I am still thinking about it.

Aesmael

Explorer
Just stopping by to say thanks Steel_Wind, for the thought behind the link.

Aw, why not share too? It may not suit the theme (but the original poster has their answer by now anyway, so we seem to be just collecting names at this point), however, I have just recently used the name Tattoo Birdie in story for an inn type place. If anyone finds that useful for a game, good luck to you.

I am curious why the original name is unsuitable. Have the players seen the movie? Might be a useful name to use for red herring purposes.

egomann

Explorer
Aesmael said:
I am curious why the original name is unsuitable. Have the players seen the movie? Might be a useful name to use for red herring purposes.

Yeah, they have seen the movie. Actually I saw it in the theater with one of them way back when.

It would be a dead (forgive the pun) givaway.

Remove ads