• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

need some help

saethone

First Post
i dm an online campaign for some of my friends, and there will most likely be an areal combat coming up

a half-celestial fighter in my group is going to be taking on a red dragon...while physically he's no match (will be ECL 9 or 10 against a juvenile red..) he intends to use his greater manuverability with spring attack to try and take him down...

right now i'm using openrpg...my question, how should i handle this combat? i will be having two simultaneous battles during this scene (the dragons mate will be fighting the party on the ground below..)

are any programs out there good for keeping track of 3d movement like this?

shilsen

Adventurer
If it's just the two flying opponents, tracking movement is really not a big deal.If you're using minis, I'd just get a couple of supports for them to represent that they're above the ground and use it for their positions on the horizontal scale. For the vertical scale, I'd just note down the heights on a sheet of a paper. Personally, for only two combatants I'd just track them in my head, but that doesn't work for everyone.

On the bright side, you won't have to track it for long. If he's 5th or 6th lvl (ECL 9 or 10 with the +4 LA half-celestial template) going up against a juvenile red, the PC should be dead in 2 rds. 3-4 if he's very, very lucky, but dead nevertheless.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Does OpenRPG have the "whiteboard" feature? I seem to remember it does, although we usually use WebRPG these days. You could write the elevation of the flying participants next to their mini on the board, to keep track of how high up they are.

Or scroll the map down and run the two combats on different maps.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads