• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need spell advice

Lady Starhawk

First Post
My group plays a home brew rule set (basically took 3ed & Alternity, and made a classless d20 modern system).

Now We're playing in the Dark MAtter setting (think X-files). I am playing a archeologist who is also a spell caster.

One of the spells avaliable is an Explosion spell that does 2d4 damage in a 20'radius up to 100' away. BUT I have to decide upon learning the spell how it manifests itself. The spell description says fire, cold, electricity, etc.

I need some advice on what to have this manifest itself as (fire, cold, electricity, etc). What would be most useful in a modern setting (with demons and aliens and stuff). Not necessarily the 3 listed, maybe something else would be more useful, I can't really think of how to have this spell work, so any help would be appreciated :)

LAters,
Lady Starhawk

Crothian

First Post
For this type of thing, I like to figure out which makes more sense for the character. What type would reflect the character's personally, and go with her other abilities.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Me, I'd just use Wild Sorcery, as it sounds more like something that could be more useful SINCE it's not based on class. (At least it doesn't have to be.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads