• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need suggestion for characters in a CoC adventure (using Dread)

Kaladhan

First Post
Hi everyone,

I'm prepping a Dread one-shot adventure that will see some use in a few locale conventions.

The setting will be a Call of Cthulhu adventure that takes place in Arkham University in the 1920s. The Dean will ask the players to resolve a theft in the special section of the archives. Due to the nature of the work stolen, this could get complicated.

This adventure is for 5 players, but I'ld like to have 6 available characters. I only have 4 character ideas.

1. Cop
2. Teacher
3. Librarian (Head of archives)
4. Head of the Student Association (I'm not sure of the exact title in english, but you should have an idea)

Dear Enworlder, do you have suggestions to fill up the roster?

darjr

I crit!
Administrator.

A pencil pusher or accountant. Someone who just happens to work at the university but could have been working anywhere.

Athlete.

Rugby maybe? Or fencing? Or a water sport of some sort.

Student parent.

Maybe somebody who wouldn't have ever been near an Ivy league school if it weren't for their brilliant child and a generous scholarship. Maybe a country bumpkin? Maybe a farmer wise in the ways of mother nature. Maybe someone who's family has attended the school for generations.

Big time recruiter

A person from a big firm looking for the best and the brightest. They could be from a law firm or a corporate lab or a government lab or think tank. Maybe they are a military recruiter.

clip

First Post
Given the proximity to Halloween, I would be tempted to go with a group of students, including a doomed jock and a bunch of large chested co-eds that have little in the way of ability except to freak out.

Remove ads