• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need WOTC Offical to deal with the half-elf pregen/Keep of Shadowfell before release.

pukunui

Legend
LightPhoenix said:
Possibly, but I think it's more likely they are aiming to showcase a particular part of the system with each level. For the case of the feat at second level, it's the racial feats. Also, when you think about it, aside from rituals, feats are probably the part we know the least about, so perhaps they're trying to save something for the books. We already knew about racial feats, from the excerpts.
Possibly. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

hennebeck

First Post
Errors I've seen so far:
They couldn't commission pictures specific for their Premier Product?
(We are gonna end up using gnome minis to represent Dragonborn at this rate.)

Dwarf Fighter: Said to be using a Maul and daggers. Picture shows Long sword and Shield.

Halfling Rogue: Sneak attack says Light Blades, but dagger not noted as light blade. Just dagger. Maybe, hopefully, it's noted somewhere in the rulebook.
Said to be using daggers. Picture shows Crossbow.

Dragonborn Paladin: Has Feat Healing Hands, says it's already added (+3 ). It's not.
Said to be using Longsword and javelin. Picture shows 2 handed axe.

Half-Elf Cleric: Said to be using Mace. Picture shows Hammer or Pick.
I added everything up for all classes, and if you count the Extra Language the 1/2 Elf is missing 1 Racial Ability. Not as major as I was hearing, but still an oversight that shouldn't have happened.

Race:..Racial:..At-Will:..Encounter:..Daily:..Class:..Feat:..Level 2:..Level 3:
1/2 Elf....3..........2.............1...........1.........3.......1.........2...........1 (counting Language as Racial)
Halfling...4..........2.............1...........1.........4.......1.........2...........1
DragonB..4..........2.............1...........1.........3.......1.........2...........1
Human....4..........2.............1...........1.........3.......1.........2...........1 (counting the added feat and At-Will as Racial)
Dwarf.....4..........2.............1...........1.........3.......1.........2...........1

Last edited:

pweent

Explorer
Well, we've got a clarification and correction on the Earth Titan web preview, but nothing on the half-elf pre-gen yet. Even if details aren't given, I hope we can at least get a statement along the lines of:

:1: There is indeed an error in the Keep on the Shadowfell half-elf.
:2: The KotS half-elf cleric is correct; the DDXP half-elf warlock was in error (or was using an earlier version of the rules).
:3: Both the KotS half-elf and the DDXP half-elf are correct. Wait for the PHB and the full half-elf write-up.

Even that last statement would mollify me a bit. I'm hoping that the half-elf does not once again end up the red-headed child in fourth edition.

Kitirat

First Post
pweent said:
Well, we've got a clarification and correction on the Earth Titan web preview, but nothing on the half-elf pre-gen yet. Even if details aren't given, I hope we can at least get a statement along the lines of:

:1: There is indeed an error in the Keep on the Shadowfell half-elf.
:2: The KotS half-elf cleric is correct; the DDXP half-elf warlock was in error (or was using an earlier version of the rules).
:3: Both the KotS half-elf and the DDXP half-elf are correct. Wait for the PHB and the full half-elf write-up.

Even that last statement would mollify me a bit. I'm hoping that the half-elf does not once again end up the red-headed child in fourth edition.

What I've been looking for in the beginning when I made the post. Appearently, WOTC does not have the time to correct community perception on their premier product.

pukunui

Legend
Kitirat said:
Appearently, WOTC does not have the time to correct community perception on their premier product.
Or maybe they want people to speculate about it ... any publicity is good publicity and all that. ;)

It could also be that they're too busy gearing up for the actual release of the game to address something they see as relatively minor (not saying I agree with that, mind you).

jeffhartsell

First Post
Or WOTC is waiting until the module is actually on the shelf to acknowledge that there are errors. Or maybe there are no errors and the half-elf got a makeover. We'll know for sure in less than 4 weeks. And I'll have no problems discussing house rules with the group once we've had time to look at all of the rules. We had plenty of house rules for 3e. :D

pukunui

Legend
jeffhartsell said:
Or WOTC is waiting until the module is actually on the shelf to acknowledge that there are errors. Or maybe there are no errors and the half-elf got a makeover. We'll know for sure in less than 4 weeks. And I'll have no problems discussing house rules with the group once we've had time to look at all of the rules. We had plenty of house rules for 3e. :D
That too.

Chowder

First Post
I'm still astonished that there are errors with the characters. There are only 5 characters, and they're the most important part of the whole product to get right. Further, WotC supposedly has a DDI character editor that can be used to verify that the statistics are right, so either they chose not to use that, or it doesn't work.

But what really bothers me is that given this example of poor editing, my confidence in the quality of the editing in the core rulebooks has plummeted. If the core rulebooks contain mistakes of this nature it will be difficult to understand the rules, which will be very annoying.

Does anyone know if WotC plans to incorporate errata into the special edition versions they plan to release in the fall? I'm wondering if it makes sense to cancel my preorder and wait for a second printing....

-Chowder

pukunui

Legend
Chowder said:
Does anyone know if WotC plans to incorporate errata into the special edition versions they plan to release in the fall?
They've made no mention of doing that. It's certainly not one of the "selling points" of the 4e special editions the way it was with the 3.x ones. Personally I think they're releasing the special editions too soon to be able to put all the errata into them, so I doubt it's worth getting them unless you absolutely have to have the faux leather covers, gilded pages, and built-in bookmarks.

I can deal with writing in my books. Besides, if it ever turns out that future printings of the initial books include the errata, I can always buy them and on-sell my original copies to my players or something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads