• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Needed: Villain manerism/idiom/quote

Psion

Adventurer
Good stuff Shrike! You make me want to use all of the ideas, but I think considering the background of the villain, the philosophy thing might work best.

One note, though:

Killer Shrike said:
BTW: Since the subjects of Mind Seed diverge along thier own path once they are seeded, the subjects would have independence, but any Psion of high enough level to Seed them in the first place should have another telepathic power with which to coerce his mind-clones.

My assumption was that the psion was raised and indoctrinated into the order of inquisitors that is loyal to the empire. The tacit assumption here was that the order intentionally grooms its members to serve in certain capacities. They would aim to select someone to learn mind seed that they feel would produce loyal seedlings.

That said, it could be a possible secret weakness of the villain. Perhaps the villain had a secret moment of weakness or sympathy when he was lower level that he has either forgotten or has successfully hidden. Perhaps the seedlings, confronted with the right stimulus, might turn stag. Perhaps the players might stumble upon this secret in his past.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads