• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Needing a fantasy calendar maker

Melayl

First Post
I'm creating a new world, and I'm giving it a new calendar system. I've got the months and such figured out, but I'd like a program to plug all of it into. That way, I can plot out all the significant events in the history and future and know what day of the week/month/lunar cycle/etc they fall on.

Anybody know of a program that could do that?

azhrei_fje

First Post
Yeah, I used such a tool. It let you input the number of moons, the tilt of the planet, and so on, so that it could calculate sunrise/sunset, moonrises/moonsets, and so on. Of course, I told it I wanted months with exactly 4 weeks of 7 days for simplicity (!) but it could handle a lot more.

The output was just ASCII text (although nicely formatted) so that I could just edit it to add special events. It was one day per line and it could add random events (shooting star or other special effects), so I let it do those and then added religious holidays and such by just editing the text.

I don't know where I got it, though. :( And my D&D archives are at home, currently about 8,500 miles away! I'm fairly certain I don't have that stuff on my laptop, but I'll look anyway.

Melayl

First Post
Sounds like that could work. I don't know the tilt of my earth, but I could make one up.

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you find it. :)

Melayl

First Post
Mynex -- Thanks for the link. I'll have to try it again later, though. After I entered all of my data, it said it couldn't find the page... darn technical difficulties.

fba827

Adventurer
irony.com's pages seem to have been defunct for a while. Although the occasional page in it still works, I don't think anything is functioning for a while. In fact, the main (irony.com) front page is entirely different , so I think some other group/organization took the domain and is doing other stuff with it.

I wouldn't expect anything that you used to get from irony.com to work anymore.

orinhalifax

First Post
I'm creating a new world, and I'm giving it a new calendar system. I've got the months and such figured out, but I'd like a program to plug all of it into. That way, I can plot out all the significant events in the history and future and know what day of the week/month/lunar cycle/etc they fall on.

Anybody know of a program that could do that?

d'oh, sorry, posted to the wrong thrread

Last edited:

azhrei_fje

First Post
But DM Genie's calendar is created by typing in a bunch of text into a TXT file. When you run the 'Genie, it lets you move forward and backwards in time (and can even generate weather), but I think the OP was looking for a standalone tool that *just* generates a calendar with things like phases of the moon(s) and such...

xmanii

Explorer
Didn't WotC have something for the Forgotten Realms and Eberron (you may be able to customize it)... if you want, I can try to find it, just let me know

Remove ads