• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Needleworkers campaign

coyote6

Adventurer
I'd go with giving free skill points, and maybe one bonus feat. Or draw up a list of feats that you can somehow relate to needlework, and give them bonus feats, but only from that list.

In other news: I can finally give Dannyalcatraz XP again -- do I use it now, or save it for something even better?

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Heh, interesting idea. I think it would depend on what feats (are we talking free choice or feats just associated with knitting?). You could make an argument that Catch Off Guard, Throw Anything, and Master Craftsman would all be almost must haves in such a campaign.

One character from the Bleach anime, Uryū_Ishida, might serve as some inspiration for a heroic soul who also shows skill in sewing. Another idea (prolly more for a spellcaster) might be to play one Fates (as in the mythological spinners of fate) gone rogue.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sir! I DO know my way around a needle & thread.

I'll have you know I have repaired hems, sewed on buttons, and even made pillows.

I did try hooking* once, but found I didn't have the patience for it.

* RUG hooking you dirty minded @#$^&$%^@s! i'm not THAT kind of guy!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Sir! I DO know my way around a needle & thread.

I'll have you know I have repaired hems, sewed on buttons, and even made pillows.

I did try hooking* once, but found I didn't have the patience for it.

* RUG hooking you dirty minded @#$^&$%^@s! i'm not THAT kind of guy!

I must admit . . . that . . . I am . . . hemming (and also hawing) . . . right now! :D

Is the rest of the group on board with being the local "Stitch N' Bitch" group? A lesson I learned a while ago is that just because I have another hobby that I think would be really cool to integrate into my RPG game doesn't mean that any of my players will appreciate it. I think my "more realistic linguistics" approach to D&D several years ago got me a bunch of eyerolls, and I ended up having to ditch it and try a different approach altogether.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads