• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

negative Level drain

Anditch

First Post
If you are hit by a wight that deals one negative level loss on a normal attack do you loose two levels on a confirmed critical or is only the physical damage calculated ?

Dingo333

First Post
Spells that require an attack roll (shocking grasp, scorching ray) have their doubled on critical hits, Ray of enfeeblement doesn't double on a crit.

If I was running it, I would probably just double the damage and not the level lose, but I also send very challenging encounters when I DM so they could use the help

frankthedm

First Post
If you are hit by a wight that deals one negative level loss on a normal attack do you loose two levels on a confirmed critical or is only the physical damage calculated ?
The negative levels are definitely doubled.

Energy Drain (Su)
This attack saps a living opponent’s vital energy and happens automatically when a melee or ranged attack hits. Each successful energy drain bestows one or more negative levels (the creature’s description specifies how many).
If an attack that includes an energy drain scores a critical hit, it bestows twice the listed number of negative levels. Unless otherwise specified in the creature’s description, a draining creature gains 5 temporary hit points for each negative level it bestows on an opponent. These temporary hit points last for a maximum of 1 hour. Negative levels remain until 24 hours have passed or until they are removed with a spell such as restoration. If a negative level is not removed before 24 hours have passed, the affected creature must attempt a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the draining creature’s racial HD + the draining creature’s Cha modifier; the exact DC is given in the creature’s descriptive text). On a success, the negative level goes away with no harm to the creature. On a failure, the negative level becomes permanent. A separate saving throw is required for each negative level.
Format: energy drain (2 levels, DC 18); Location: Special Attacks and individual attacks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads