• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nentier Expanded: DM's Journal and Help Thread (thanks!)

Terrance888

First Post
Greetings. I am Terrence888 and this is my first Campaign I am DMing. First off I would like to thank all of you for the great help I received from Enworld so far to help my campaign.

This thread will not only document both mine and player-written journals for the enjoyment of all, but also the useful links and information I used in general and in specific adventures, as well as posting stat blocks and other minutia of monsters and encounters I've made as a way of giving back for all the help I've received.

As a 1st time DM, I also have many questions of other things. And I hope this thread can both help me and future 1st time DM's puzzle through such thing with your help.

This first post will be saved for links to threads/sites I found useful. The next post will be saved for updates and journals I've posted and the final reserved post would be for all the questions I've asked, and answers I've received in one area.

Let's begin. :)

Terrance888

First Post
Dm's Questions and Useful Answers. (thanks in advance!)

I will be writing up the prologue and the first session I've done with the aid of Enworld by tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help so far. (seriously I cannot say this enough)

Question: What is the character/word limit of the posts?

Terrance888

First Post
Prologue “Keep on the Shadowfell”

It begun when Douvan Stall, mentor of Krivic and Rhogar, became missing a few days from retiring from a life of adventure. Meanhile, Tork, rune priest of Kiri-Jolith, heard of mysterious happenings in the Keep and traveled with the first pair alongside a mysterious Half-elven artificer from the House Lyrandar. Attacked by Kobolds, they decided to stick together and saved Douvan Stall from his bonds and then, with information they got from the townspeople and from Douvan they attacked the Keep. After clearing the Goblin Guardroom and capturing the bumbling Goblin Chief, reactivating a sleeping Warforged from its statue-like state, they returned to Winterhaven to fight off skeletons rallying in the graveyard. There, a mysterious avenger of the Raven Queen snuck in and attacked the Elf there, chasing her as a murder of ravens. Returning to the keep they discovered a Gnoll party also preparing to enter, which they ambushed, capturing a Gnoll Warlock (Maw of Yeenoghu) called Grunash who also wished to stop Kalarel and who became friends with Rhogar. Now they plunged into the depths of the Keep, fighting off two Hobgoblin garrisons and a giant trap room before appearing infront of the portal where Kalarel is preparing his sacrifices. Rhogar recognized Kalarel as the man who killed his Father, and in the combat that ensued he fought his way through the Skeletal hordes to slay the cultist, whose head was absorbed by the portal to the Shadowfell. While Tork sealed the portal, Grunash teleported away with notes on the heros and the portal, but not before the heroes seized his Staff of Broken Teeth from his hands and disrupting some of his ritual. The Wizard Krivic and the Arificer decide to return to Fallcrest to study the staff and to send news to Lyrandar while Rhogar, Tork and the yet unnamed Warforged decided to track the Gnoll down, whether to bring him to justice or take him down once and for all. Their eyes turn south of the Nentier Valley, to the great plains of the Kentus as they sought new lands and new adventures.

Note: I didn’t know a lot about campaign settlings, so people just made whatever. I ended up with a Dragonlance-Eberron-Forgotten Realms-Points of Light thing. Hehe.
Also, I took over from the Old DM right when the Gnoll Warlock appeared. The old DM is a bit lazy as he admits himself, and doesn’t want to buy new modules or make the adventure into a full campaign and I, eager as I was, agreed to take over. We got full undivided XP from Shadowfell, bringing us all up to Level 8 as we venture out of the Keep into Nentier Expanded, which is now in its 2nd Session, which is also my 4th I dm’ed. The current adventure is “Gnoll Problem at All”, which I will post session by session individually.

Current Characters
Rhogar, Dragonborn Fighter
Tork, Minotaur Runepriest
Umaga, Warforged Juggernaut (3.5)
Knoll, Gnome Psion/Bard
A mysterious Tiefling Hellock

Previous Characters
A mysterious Half-elven Artificer
A mysterious Deva Avanger
Krivic, Gnome Wizard

Remove ads